LSS Just Back From 5Y3 Mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twally

Reaction score
The folks at Mesa are great. I guess I did a crappy job of packing my power tubes-one was broken. They replaced the tube. I also had a bad 5Y3 (they repalced it but told me they would do this before I shipped the amp). They also replaced the 12 AX 7 tube from the V3 position. The pre amp tube replacement has really brightened up the sound of the amp-I really like it.

Anyway, they replaced three tubes for free while doing the mod. Now I will have to see how long the 5Y3 will last.

TW

RocksOff said:
Hmmm... i'm gonna have to check that out. They doin' it for free?

You have to pay for shipping your bare amp to them, but the mod is free and they ship it back to you for free.

I called them a while back to get the technical on the fix but the person I spoke to doesn't know. If anyone find out please let us know.

The stock LSS has a tendency to eat newer rectifier tubes, as it draws close to the current limit of the 5Y3 tube that it uses. Some people have solved this by using NOS 5Y3s, which can handle more current than the new production tubes.

Latest posts

Back