LSS and speaker options

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hogridr

Reaction score
I have spent some time playing the LSS 1x12 at a local dealer. I have been able to get a great clean tone but not the crunch or high gain tone I would like. Has anyone switched the speaker out in the LSS with great results? I am wondering about a C Gold, Red Fang, TT alnico. (or ???) What have you guys tried with great results. This is a very versatile amp and I am looking for a very versatile speaker to combine with it. I play everything, country, blues, classic rock, metal... Tell me what you hae found.

It has been dicussed hear on this forum about improving the 2nd ch on Lonestars. In my pursuit I changed out tubes and speakers only to have minimal results but the inherent tone was still there. Check out this thread. This mod did the trick.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=22160

Thanks plan-x. I had read that thread, it sounds like a mod to consider. I have spent a few days digging through posts on the LSS and RK. Still wondering about other speakers.

The speakers you suggest will probably move the LSS more toward clean American / Blues, i.e. a brighter sound. I installed a Weber Ceramic Blue Dog in mine, and I love it, but it does a WORSE job at heavy / high gain sounds now, in my humble opinion. On the other hand, it really opened up the clean sound with humbuckers.

ylo said:
The speakers you suggest will probably move the LSS more toward clean American / Blues, i.e. a brighter sound. I installed a Weber Ceramic Blue Dog in mine, and I love it, but it does a WORSE job at heavy / high gain sounds now, in my humble opinion. On the other hand, it really opened up the clean sound with humbuckers.

Did you use the ceramic or alnico, what wattage and dope? Weber blue dog alnico is Ted's version of C-blue, very similar to the ones I mentioned, but a little warmer. All very vox'ish with EL84's.

Latest posts

Back