LSC w\vintage 30's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogie shoes

Reaction score
anyone dropped a celetion V30 in their LSC combo cabs? I am thinking about doing it with my 1x12. want to know your experiences.

I much preferred the Mesa Celestion 90 over the V30 when I swapped a Lone Star head between two Mesa 3/4-back 1x12 cabinets.

boogie shoes said:
anyone dropped a celetion V30 in their LSC combo cabs? I am thinking about doing it with my 1x12. want to know your experiences.

Yes, I dropped some V30's into my 2x12 LSC combo and I liked them a lot on the dirt channel, but the clean channel lost some of it's magic. Since the clean channel is more important to me, I put the stock speakers back in. I'm thinking about maybe having both a V30 and C90 in the cabinet at the same time. I'm thinking this might give me the best of both worlds.

I've been running it with either a V30/C90 or a V30/CL80 depending on which cab I'm using. Sounds great either way.

I played a head and 1x12 cab in a store once and the cab had a v30 in it. I loved it!! so thats why I am thinking of getting a recto cab or an avatar vintage 2x12

I've got a new Lonestar 212 on order and i had them put V30s in it. The C90 is a great speaker but it's a little too dark and modern sounding for me.

I tried the V30 and G12H30 and the C-90 with the Lonestar Classic I have, the C-90 is the better speaker for the clean channel, which is the good channel, so for me it is no contest. The V30 is better for a high gain amp and the G12H30 is better for the classic Marshall sound. You are always going to find people who want the Lonestar to be a Marshall or a Boogie 2C+, but it just is not! If you want a Marshall, so goes the saying, get a Marshall! This observation I have seen it hundreds of times and people still fight it every day. There is a reason Mesa uses a C-90 in the Lonestar. Don't fight it!

medwards1969 said:
There is a reason Mesa uses a C-90 in the Lonestar.

Actually the Mesa rep for my area suggested the V30s based on the stuff I play. He said he has V30s in his Lonestar as well. ;)

That said, the C90 is a very good all purpose speaker and covers a lot of styles. That, plus the higher power rating (especially for the 112s) is why they put the C90 in stock.

you said if you want a marshall sound get a marshall but the lonestar is based on a fender sound........why didnt you get a fender? ah kidding I had to say it. I just bought a recto vertical 2x12 that i will be using with the LSC, I will let you know how it sounds when I get it.....oh and another note: I put el34's in my LSC and guess what it sound friggin great.....ok, maybe it sounds like a Marshall but if I bought a marshall it wouldnt hold its value like the boogie, nor have the versatility.

Latest posts

Back