LSC and Stiletto effects loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haymez

Reaction score
I am weighing an LSC or Stiletto combo.

One thing that concerns me is the effects loop. I will be using a G Major in the loop and I'd like to know if Mesa "got it right" for the effects loops in these two amps. Thanks in advance for replies.

Hmmm, if by "got it right" you mean installed a functional effects loop, then yes, at least for the Lone Star. I think the Stiletto uses the same setup, i.e. a bypassable series loop with level control, which when enabled engages the global output and solo controls.

I don't use a G Major, so I can't tell you much more relative to that. However, I generally use either just a couple of stompboxes (delay, modulation) in my loop, or nothing at all; in either case, I keep the loop engaged (and input at ~1:30) so I can use the solo feature. The tone is affected a teeny bit when the loop is engaged, but it's not a big deal, nothing unpleasant. The amp still sounds totally amazing.

So far, nothing about the loop in my LSC has given me any grief.

Does that help?

Perfect answer. I use a RecPre right now and the effects loop blows. Wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to run in to the same issue with these combos.

LSC loop is Excellent, the only problem is a slight drop in the high end. Nothing that can't be fixed with a turn of the EQ.

haymez said:
Picked up the LSC. I love this amp.

I gig mine weekly and absolutely love it. My buddy Mike told me at practice that if I ever try to sell it he's going to brain me. It's just got that killer warm tube tone that many modern high gainers just can't seem to get.

If you want any pointers or settings let me know.

Latest posts

Back