LSC acting wierd

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauliegtr

Reaction score
I have had my LSC 112 for the past year and had no problems with it. It has been acting weird lately. I dont really know how to describe it. The notes dont sound clear on either channels. They seem to be fuzzy and their seems to be a rough edge to the sound. This happens at practice volumes and stage volumes. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I am also getting a HORRIBLE rattle anytime I play a G anywhere on the neck.

Thanks for the advice, but I have had a brand new set of JJ's in it for only a month or two.

pauliegtr said:
Thanks for the advice, but I have had a brand new set of JJ's in it for only a month or two.

That doesnt guarantee thats not the problem . By any chance did the problem start after the JJ tubes were installed ? Even new tubes can go bad . Nature of them . They could last 5 minutes or 5 years . I would start by trouble shooting each tube with a proven spare . Do you still have the old ones ?

yeah i have the old ones. it happend so suddenly that I figured that the tubes were fine. I was under the impression that it would be more gradual.

I tried th LSC at guitar center multiple times and was blown away by the tone. I ordered a 2007 LSC 2X12 recently and it arrived acting similar to what you described. I need to take it to a repair station. The notes are too harsh and fuzzy. Well I wouldn't definately think that you should take it to be repaired but for now on channel 2 try turning the presence all the way down and put the bass at 10:00 the treble at 2:00 mid at halfway. Turn the output way down and crank the volume really high

My LSC did the same thing, and when I had it repaired, the tech said it had a bad grid resistor.

Latest posts

Back