LSC 4X10

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol4t

Reaction score
I'm interested in one of these and can't find much input. Does this amp have the Super Reverb type fullness of sound? It seems that there's more interest in the LSS in the 4X10.

I have never played through a 4x10, but I would sound more like a big Twin with some Deluxe mixed in.

I think that the LSS sounds more like a Super Reverb, in the sense that it will start to break up nicely.

The LSC (just traded it for an LSS) sounded much more like a Twin than a Super. It even had that volume threshold that had to be reached before it came alive.

I haven't tried the 4x10 yet, but it does sound really interesting.

Thanks for replying guys, the info on this particular amp is scarce.
I had a LSS 2X12, I liked it, but I was raised Fender and it was more the Vox (in a good way), it wasn't a SuperReverb to me.
I also had a Concert Pro Reverb with the 4X10, it was nice and full, but it weighed about 90 lbs and very awkward.
It's amazing, so many people here and the 4X10 combo LSC is just not that represented.
I guess I could buy a new Super, I just don't see the quality/price there.

Having an amp repair shop, I definitely get to see what is inside most amps.

I wouldn't buy a new fender, Marshall, any of them. I've had quite a few of the newer Marshalls and they are built so poorly that I wouldn't even give one to my 3 year old son. :lol: I gave him a Crate instead. :lol:

For me, Mesa is the best quality and bang for the buck.

I would have had to spend twice as much on a "Boutique" amp to get the same amp that I have in my LSS.

A lot of love goes into Mesa amps. They break too, but they are much easier to fix and hold their value very well.

Monsta-Tone said:
Having an amp repair shop, I definitely get to see what is inside most amps.

I wouldn't buy a new fender, Marshall, any of them. I've had quite a few of the newer Marshalls and they are built so poorly that I wouldn't even give one to my 3 year old son. :lol: I gave him a Crate instead. :lol:

For me, Mesa is the best quality and bang for the buck.

I would have had to spend twice as much on a "Boutique" amp to get the same amp that I have in my LSS.

A lot of love goes into Mesa amps. They break too, but they are much easier to fix and hold their value very well.
I agree, I had a RI Twin and really didn't like the sound AND I had to be careful when I put it on an amp stand...that strap of wood across the back was more akin to cardboard. Also, the footswitch was the biggest piece'o'crap I've ever seen.
Mesas are heavier, I like the way they're built and the only problem I've ever had was tube related.

:D They are built like tanks.

The only real problems that I've had with Mesa amps, other than tubes, are usually simple maintenance problems.

I think most owners think the amps are bullet proof and don't take as much care with them as they would have to with a cheaper amp.

The only design flaws or early parts failures that I've seen were due to manufacturing deadlines, where the amps may not have been tested as thouroughly as they should have been because they had to fill orders. Even then, Mesa has taken care of every one that I've seen as quickly as possible.

The fact that you can call them and speak to a real human most of the time is really great. Try calling Fender or Marshall. The machine says, "If you would like to speak with a human, please hang up now!"

:lol: Didn't mean to steal the topic.

You could probably call Mesa and find out if there are any dealers in your area who have an LSC 4x10. I haven't seen one, but I bet they weigh about as much as a Volkswagon Bus. :lol:

Monsta-Tone said:
:lol: Didn't mean to steal the topic.

You could probably call Mesa and find out if there are any dealers in your area who have an LSC 4x10. I haven't seen one, but I bet they weigh about as much as a Volkswagon Bus. :lol:
Says seventy something, still less than the Concert. Of course, this one's going in the den, it's going to be wood, that might weigh a little more. 8)

I've been buying through a shop for a long time, they have about as many Mesas in stock as I've seen, the closest they have is a Maverick (?) 4X10. They've had LSS 4X10s, no LSCs.

Monsta-Tone said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: That might be a tiny part of why I'm really enjoying my LSS combo.
I'm tempted to get the LSS, the LSC IS a weight monster. I'd really like to hear the LSC.

I really wanted to like it, and if I were gigging a lot, I would have kept it, but it was just too loud for what I need.

I had played the LSS before and did not really have much time to experiment with it. I thought the cleans sounded incredible, but the lead tones were not all that. It turns out, like with most amps, that I simply did not spend enough time with it.

I spent 4 hours with the LSC, using all kinds of tube and speaker combinations. I really wanted to keep it just for the fact that it was so versatile. I could use 2 6V6's and 2 Yellow Jackets, or just about any power tube combination I could think of.

Then, I spent 10 minutes with the LSS right next to the LSC and the LSS won my heart. I was able to instantly dial in the tones that I knew had to be there.

I've had a LSS as my main gigging amp for the past few years....i'm seriously considering trading my dormant Vibroking for a LSC, simply because it'd be a so much more usable 6L6 amp than the Fender.

Just sayin'

I ended up with a LSC head, a 2X12 AND I ordered a 4X10. The guy at my shop wants one, so it gave me an excuse with no liablity to keep it. Who knows, I might keep both cabs. :D

Latest posts

Back