LSC 10w + THD YJs = ...?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StratRat

Reaction score
Howdy Folks,

I have a 4 day weekend coming up and 3 of those are wifeless. I'm looking to do some intense sound searching on my LSC and wanted to come up with a list of combinations to try. What do I get with the combo in the title? What are some other cool combos that people have figured out?

Thanks for the help,

W

The best combo that I have found is just plugging the cord straight in and turning it up.

I had the LSC combo for a short time.

My favorite setup was YJ's in the outer sockets with JJ's and Blackplate Reissue 6V6's (Cheap Chinese) in the middle sockets. Really reminded me of my old Blue Angel!

+1 on the "Just turn it up" comment.

You really want to experiment with different tone?
If you play an axe with buckers...try a Single Coil Stratish guitar.
If you play a Stratish guitar with Single Coils, play something with buckers for a while.

The Difference in tone when I switch between my SC and HB Guitars is EXTREMELY Pronounced.

HAVE FUN!

The Difference in tone when I switch between my SC and HB Guitars is EXTREMELY Pronounced.

I really noticed that in this amp as well.

It does take tube changes really well too though. I tried EL34's in mine and hated them, but the guy I traded it to loves them. We tone freaks are a finnicky bunch!

I found that some EL34's(Groove tubes) gave it a smoother grind and more defined mids.

Latest posts

Back