Low gain tone from an engl amp!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all!
Here is a clip of my e570 engl preamp recorded directly on my computer:
http://crissoliva.free.fr/Test570/Impro-engl2.mp3
I wanted to find a cool smooth lead tone à la lukather and gilmour. I think engl amps are more versatile than most people think.
Hope you guys will like it!
:)

Hi, I liked the tone. What's the guitar? Did you use the main recording output with a poweramp/cab simulator or does the preamp have a recording out?

Hi!
The guitar is a washburn N2.
I used the direct recording of the preamp, so no cab or poweramp or mic were used. I didn't eq the sound just add some delay.
Glad you liked it! :)

I think those recording outs add some juice to the tone (sometimes too much when playing rhythms) but make you loose some attack... this is why I prefer mic'ing. Pay attention, I'm not talking just about your case, I think this thing happens with every preamp's recording output (specially with my studio pre)... rec outs give another flavour to clean and solo tones. What do you think about that?

Pretty sweet Forsaken dreams! I enjoyed very much.
I have an intrest in these area's of direct recording. Have you tried the E 530? I been checking that one out and thinking i might picked one up one day. Any thoughts?

Thanks for posting the clips! 8)

Thank you all for the kind words.
I haven't tried the e530 but I heard only good thing about it. It's the preamp section of the blackmore head, and it rules! It is probably less versatile than the 570, and doesn't go as far as the 570 in terms of hi gain but I think it should get you close.
For the direct recording I agree with you yste jam, it adds more juice for the lead sound but lacks some punch for the rythm sound. I also recorded the engl with a mic and poweramp and cab for my band's first demo.
Here is our website www.lyrae.fr on the audio section you can hear one of our song "drenched". it was recorded with the engl 570 with a mic.
8)

Latest posts

Back