Loving Rhythm 2 on Mark IV!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparklesmcgraw

Reaction score
Just been playing around with rhythm 2 on the MK IV for the first time really since I've had her. Been playing along with some Darkness tunes and man......this thing really is amazing!!

I don't know why people moan about the second channel. I can dial in a KILLER crunch tone and I'm running 6l6's. I bet it would be even better with EL34's!

It is a bit weak on its own (maybe only cause I can't turn it up too loud at home) but with EQ on it is fantastic.

The more and more I play this thing, the more I fully appreciate how it can cover ALL grounds!!

I am a happy man and will be playing this when I'm 80..........hopefully........ :D

8)

I've owned my IV for about 6 years ago and I'm still finding new magic and tones and goodness in her!!

You really can cover all grounds. For a bit I really wanted a V, and gosh jolly I would really love to play one for once, but I'm pretty content as I am.

for me to really feel RHY 2 compared to/equal to the other 2 channels, I need to have gain 7-9, pulled and presence kind of high. Not sure if I pull shift R 2's Pres...

My settings are:

Gain Pulled : 9 pulled
Bass : 1-2
Mids: 4-5
Treble: 8-9
Presence Pushed: 8-9

Mid Gain
Pentode
Class A with winged C 6l6's
Tweed power

The important part is the EQ for me. It really thickens this channel up. I need it because I cant play too loud as I am sure it would thicken up on its own if it could push it more.

I have the EQ set to the standard V without scooping out too many mids. Adjust to taste.

8)

Back