• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for Reverb unit for a Mark IV. (Short Chassis)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah theres a guy on ebay selling them for about 35.i put one in my mark IV.It was an accutronics just like the original,get the number off your and match it up.

I dont have a reverb to get the number off of. Can anyone supply me with a number, since you have a Mark IV. If not, I'll just call Mesa. Thanks.

Man... Mesa wants $65 for a reverb kit. Pretty steep.. that may not even include shipping. Contacted Accutronics and they wouldnt sell me one. Evidently they supply the amp builders. They said they would have to order one from China or where ever they're from and shipping would be out the kazooo. He also informed me that Mesa gets em for about $13 (Im sure they order by the hundreds). Im gonna try Mojotone.

ripit007 said:
Man... Mesa wants $65 for a reverb kit. Pretty steep.. that may not even include shipping. Contacted Accutronics and they wouldnt sell me one. Evidently they supply the amp builders. They said they would have to order one from China or where ever they're from and shipping would be out the kazooo. He also informed me that Mesa gets em for about $13 (Im sure they order by the hundreds). Im gonna try Mojotone.
check again on ebay. i just got one a few months ago that way. you can choose the color sometimes to get the vintage gold pan instead. of course, it doesn't matter if you're just going to put it in a bag anyway.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Accutronics-Reverb-Tank-Med-Decay-8AB2A1B-Mesa-Boogie-/160404507637?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2558da8bf5

If the original poster does not have a reverb tank now,your going to have to make the plate that goes over the top as this is a Mesa part,not Accutronics and is not included with a new tank. Since mesa mounts the tank upside down the open side of the tank faces up. They just use a metal plate over the opening held in place with double sided tape. Should not be to hard to fab one up. Mesa's price is not bad if it includes the plate and the cables.

gts said:
I have plates. Ones I use in my head cabs. $10 plus shipping

I may have a spare 9AB2A1B too (no cables). Will have to look.....

Cool. I'll take a plate and if you have a reverb unit let me know what you want for it. PM sent. Thanks

Actually I've got a spare 9AB2A1B tank... the reverb in my LSS died, bought a replacement tank before pulling the old tank, pulled the old tank only to discover that one of the solder joints had been broken... took all of 15 seconds to repair and now it's good as new. Shoot me a PM/email if you're interested.

--B

I was looking at my chassis (short head), it just doesnt look like that reverb (9AB2A1B) would fit in the chassis. The hole is pretty small and the fan and power tubes look like they would be in the way. I'll try and post some pics. Any suggestions / comments. Here's pics:

IMG_2495.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_2497.jpg

Well, gts can sell you the tank and the cab. One stop shopping!
Looks like someone put that Mark IV chassis in a non-Mark IV head cab.
You don't have the Mark IV foot switch attachments on that cab, do you?
Here's another 9AB2A1B on eBay. I bought one from them.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Accutronics-Type-9-Spring-Reverb-Tank-/360207329061?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53de07a725#ht_870wt_973

Back