Looking For A Chorus & Delay Pedal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHYX

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new Chorus & delay pedal. What's out there that's good.
Thanks!
Jim

Im gonna get a Visual Sound H20 which is both in one so I'll be able to tell you soon what that one is like haha! I like the Boss DD3 as far as delay though... Also the old DOD delay I'll try to find the number it was awesome.

Analog Man Bi-Chorus

Or, my fave, TC Electronic Stereo Chorus Flanger

If you can, check out a DLS Ultra chorus II or a DLS Chorus /Vibe. Very, very good stuff.
Analogman Clone is also great, but I like a effect level or blend control with a chorus effect. The DLS is the warmest chorus I have ever played.

Laskyman

I use EHX small clone chorus; affordable and awesome thick sound out of it. As for delay I've been using my boss dd-20, i can save my own presets; ive got maxon ad999 (analog), great analog pedal too. Its really up to you, which one do u like. Go to musicianfriends website and have alook around at the fx section and go to youtube to check out the sample ... that's what i did :D

The EH Deluxe Memory Man is the best delay I've ever heard to date....sold it, and wanted it back in 3 days :lol: It's not safely on my board.

Also has a built in chorus :wink:

Line 6 DL-4 sounds very good, tons of modeled options, and has 3 presets switches so you don't have to manually change it all of the time. I'm really stuck on the modulated delay sound with adds a chorus effect to the echo's, so I don't use a chorus pedal anymore (hear samples on www.musiciansfriend.com).

I'll sell it for $150 with the power supply if interested. Nothing wrong with it and looks very good as it hasn't left the house much, but I have 3 delays and I'm thinning the herd. I still get my modulated delay on the Boss DD20 - I'm keeping that for no other reason than I like the big rubber footpedal because it's sits on the back of my effects board and I can hit it easier in a live situation.

The TC Electronics chorus is the Holy grail and has been used by many pros for over 25 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSlUUB4u-dc

-BOOGIE_MAN- said:
I use EHX small clone chorus; affordable and awesome thick sound out of it. As for delay I've been using my boss dd-20, i can save my own presets; ive got maxon ad999 (analog), great analog pedal too. Its really up to you, which one do u like. Go to musicianfriends website and have alook around at the fx section and go to youtube to check out the sample ... that's what i did :D

I really like my Maxon AD-999 too. It's my favorite delay pedal besides my MXR Carbon Copy. Both are top notch bucket brigade analog delays.

As far as Chorus goes, the Empress from Red Witch is unbeatable. It's all analog too.

T.C. Electronic Stereo Chorus Flanger

Diamond Memory Lane - Analog delay WITH tap tempo! It's like the delay that the Memory Man always wanted to be!

Has anyone here had any experience with the Eventide TimeFactor or Mod pedal?

TC SCF CHORUS / FLANGER PEDAL FOR CHORUS

T-REX REPLICA DELAY PEDAL FOR DELAY

Check ebay for the best deals.

BobL said:
The TC Electronics chorus is the Holy grail and has been used by many pros for over 25 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSlUUB4u-dc

Yep, I agree, beautiful sound.

The T.C. Nova delay is also very, very good. 9 presets, you can customize it down to 3 presets if you want, 2290 ms of delay. Very clear sounding, tap tempo etc. Worth trying for sure!

A dear friend on mine's brother started and runs Visual Sound.

He had the families leave their jobs and moved them all down to the new headquarters in Tennesse.

Yes- the Empress is a killer pedal. For the absolute best chorus units available- check out DLS, Red Witch, and Retro-Sonic. None are cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Laskyman

TC SCF is THE chorus pedal. Haven't tried the Fulltone Choralflange though. It's supposed to be great. For delay, try finding a Rockman stereo echo (half-rack). Sounds great.

Did anyone check out the TC nova delay? Haven't had time to try it yet.

/M

Latest posts

Back