• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for a broken or beat up Mesa

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Last year basically kicked my financial ***! I had to sell almost all of my amps to keep my business going and my family fed.

I'm looking for a broken or beat up amp that I can fix.
Hopefully around 30 to 50 watts. Bigger or smaller is ok.

DC, Nomad, Maverick, etc. Even an S.O.B. is ok, I just want to get a Mesa back in the family. My DC-5 is getting lonely!
The worse the shape, the better. Don't have much money. I also have some nice stuff to trade.

Anybody have one that they just don't have a use for? Maybe it's been in the closet for a while or just sitting in the corner collecting dust. Maybe your tech hasn't been able to find out what's wrong with it?

Please let me know if you have one!

Monsta-Tone said:
I had to sell almost all of my amps to keep my business going and my family fed.
Man, you seriously need to get your priorities straight ;)

:lol: Believe me, the family is fed.

I sold my:
Lucky 13
Heartbreaker
both DC-10's
DC-3
and numerous other amps.

That's why I'm looking for a cheap, lower end model that needs some love!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, it's a touchy subject!

I really do want another Mesa though. Pity that all I can really afford right now is a broken or beaten one.
Although, it just gives me more practice at sprucing them up! :D

Monsta- there's a .22 in a homemade headshell on the Bay. Bare bones, no tank or access, etc. It's been on there for awhile. I think it could be had for $250 to $300 on an offer. I'll keep my eyes open for ya.

Monsta-Tone said:
Sorry, it's a touchy subject!
I guess I wouldn't be quite jovial if I had to sell my amps either. You need to get over here to El Paso and have a beer!

Hey thanks guys,

Sorry about the rant, it was "Pre-Coffee!"

Last year was a tough year to be an electrical contractor.

I looked for the .22, but it must already be gone. There is a really nice combo up there right now that is listed as a "Project." I emailed the guy and he seems like a decent guy, but I don't know if I want to spend $400 for an amp that needs work when they normally go for around that price. I might though, it's pretty tempting.

Monsta-Tone said:
Still looking!

I don't care if it's been in a fire or fallen off the truck. I can fix it!

Whatcha got???????
might be worth a watch

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-50-caliber-broken-gain-head-amp-tube_W0QQitemZ220342598412QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item220342598412&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A2|294%3A50

:D That's what I'm talking about!

I just emailed him asking for more pictures. Hopefully I'll get a response.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I really like the .50 Caliber too, it's a great amp!

I got an early Mark IIb, oak and wicker that needs new tubes and a couple of switches, but everything works (the tubes really are shot though). I was going to fix it up and e-bay it, cause Bush-economics has busted my ***, and im in the middle of building a home studio. If you're interested e-mail me an offer.

Back