Lonestar vs. Electrodyne combos

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
toneguy86 said:
KH Guitar Freak said:
Quite the apples vs. oranges comparison I've found. The LoneStar was more Fender like in tone, whereas you could dial in many British like tones from the Electradyne...

It has appeared that way to me as well, although with EL34s and certain settings the Lonestar can have a sort of British vibe.

Here's what it looks like to me (and if this isn't the case others can set me straight). The Lonestar treble knob seems to be the dominating EQ control whereas on the Electradyne it looks like the bass control is more dominant. If I remember right, this is true with the Stilletos as well. This would certainly have a tremendous influence over the overall sound. Mylespaul forum had a great video from youtube posted of a guy sitting in a music store cranking on an electradyne going through a 412 cab. Sounds really heavenly and very Marshall like. Again, I have some settings on my Lonestar where I can get close to that, but not without a lot of messing around. The Lonestar is dark also, but definately with a more Fenderish vibe.

Nice discussion.

Mark

When I played both the Stiletto and Electradyne, I've found the treble to be the most responsive control after the gain for the Stiletto. As for the Electradyne, found that the controls were a bit more independent. If I had to choose one control after the master, it would have to be the treble again...

I had a '05 Lonestar Classic and used the heck out of it as my main gig amp until I picked up a Recto.
I also got to spend an hour or so with a "Dyne" at all volumes, and in my meager opinion: Get the Electrodyne. I had a love hate with channel 2 on the LSC since I bought it, never fit with what I was doing, spent endless tweaking A/Bing ext. and just didn't do it for me. I loved CH.1 with some pedals for the dirt, but I should of done a little more shopping around. The Electro seems to fit into the British thing a little better without the mid hump. I am seriously thinking of ditching my Rec and getting one of these amps.

Latest posts

Back