Lonestar Info Needed???!!!???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
:D OK, so I got my Lonestar, 1x12, 50/100 watt amp today.

It has a Celestion Gold speaker in it, which sounds really warm so far. It is a little too punchy for my tastes, but the amp really responds well with changes in knob settings.

Here are my questions:
What tubes are you guys using in yours? Mine has the stock Mesa 12AX7's and STR-440's. Somehow, I feel that this amp has great potential with the right tubes.

Has anyone here tried 6V6's?

What settings are you guys using? At 1st I tried the amp with the same settings as my other Mesa's and it sounded terrible. I tried some of the factory settings and it sounded much better.

What pedals do you guys use with this amp to get more distortion on channel 2? The only pedal that I have right now is a Fulltone Distortion Pro, which works and sounds great on the Clean channel, but not the Distortion channel.

I did try it with my Fulltone Fat Boost and that seemed to really help with the sustain and it really thickened up the distortion.

After much research, I am fairly sure that I have found the right amp. I really like the cleans and I'm positive that I can find the exact clean tones I'm looking for, but I'm at a loss with the Lead channel.

Guitars I've tried:
50th Anniv Strat, Ash body, Rosewood fretboard, Rio Grande Tall Boys w/Muy Grande in the Bridge

Stock PRS McCarty

I really liked the cleans with the Strat and the distortion tones with the McCarty were getting there.

how much "more" distortion do you want? I use an Xotic BB preamp and it works very well.

Latest posts

Back