Lonestar Classic tone help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonanderson23

Reaction score
I'm looking for the overdriven Clapton sound he uses especially on the From The Cradle album. I've had the Lonestar for a short time and I'm using a Jekyll and Hyde on the clean channel for overdrive and rock distortion. I know I have this awesome overdrive channel with the Lonestar I just can't find that fluid overdriven blues tone. It's not a Soldano but I'm sure the sound is in there somewhere. Any suggestions?

You might want to try some el34's in it. Clapton has always had those tones that are just out of reach of us mortals. Maybe try hitting the clean channel with a ts-9 or bad monkey or whatever kind of pedal you have laying around.

Edge back the bass and mids on ch2, then drive the gain and treble. that will reduce the lower end mud. the treble acts as a gain past 2:00 or so. Also turn the amp up a little and your guitar volume down. I have an old EC strat, and it sounds like buttah when I do this.

Latest posts

Back