Lonestar Classic Lead Channel Help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Janglin_Jack said:
I have a Lonestar Classic with 1x12 C90 Black Shadow. I have no trouble getting a great clean tone from C1, (Blackface Fender style). I am having trouble with the Lead Channel. While I am getting some nice sounds, they are a bit dark, (blanket over the amp sound). At one point I maxed the Treble and Presence with Bass to 0 and Mids backed down - same problem. I went back to the manual and decided to turn the gain down. Now I am running Gain around 1-2 o'clock and the Drive at around 10 o'clock. Still the same problem.

Suggestions for a brighter tone, (need some cut not mud). Maybe retubing can help, but I have no problems or issues with the clean side.

Thanks,
Jack

I just put up a post about re-tubing my LSC with JJ's. I had the exact problem you describe. The new output tubes made a HUGE difference. Night and day difference. I did have to go through 2 sets of JJ's because the first set of tubes actually ratttled like bb's in jar. the second set are good.

DantheMan said:
Janglin_Jack said:
I have a Lonestar Classic with 1x12 C90 Black Shadow. I have no trouble getting a great clean tone from C1, (Blackface Fender style). I am having trouble with the Lead Channel. While I am getting some nice sounds, they are a bit dark, (blanket over the amp sound). At one point I maxed the Treble and Presence with Bass to 0 and Mids backed down - same problem. I went back to the manual and decided to turn the gain down. Now I am running Gain around 1-2 o'clock and the Drive at around 10 o'clock. Still the same problem.

Suggestions for a brighter tone, (need some cut not mud). Maybe retubing can help, but I have no problems or issues with the clean side.

Thanks,
Jack

DantheMan, So you found the PowerTubes to be at fault? I changed all the preamp tubes and the outer two power tubes. I might try replacing the other two power tubes to see what happens.

Jack

I just put up a post about re-tubing my LSC with JJ's. I had the exact problem you describe. The new output tubes made a HUGE difference. Night and day difference. I did have to go through 2 sets of JJ's because the first set of tubes actually ratttled like bb's in jar. the second set are good.

Back