LoneStar Classic Combo vs H&K TriAmp MkII

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjlcc14

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I have a problem...........I need to sell 1 amp.........my choices........a H&K Lifeson Signature TriAmp MK II with a 4X12 matching Lifeson cabinet or a Mesa Boogie Lonestar Combo in an Imbuya / Wicker cabinet. I really like them both....even though the TriAmp can do anything which you would think makes it the keeper of the 2......there is something about the Lonestar that gives it alot of character and mojo.........I've Flipped Flopped on which one about 10 times today.....and I need to make a decision......any thoughts, feedback? Anyone have both or have played both to give an opinion? Opinions period?

FYI....this is for home use only!

Since this is "the boogie board" i figure you're gonna get a lot of similar answers to mine. Keep the lonestar, especially one that's dressed as nicely as yours (i have one similar, bubinga/wicker) heh heh

The Lonestar is a killer amp but it's not in the same league as the Triamp unless you only play clean. The lonestar clean channel is worth the price alone but the drive channel blows for anything but mid gain bluesy sort of sounds. It's just not articulate or present enough (is that even a proper word?) for cutting through the mix live. The Triamp on the other hand is probably one of the 10 greatest high gainers you can buy without going totally obscure boutique.

Latest posts

Back