Lone Star Classic or Express 5:50????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Resonator

Reaction score
Playing mostly clean with a little blues crunch. Using PRS McCarty, PRS SC-245, PRS Mira, Fender Tele, Fender Strat and a Gibson ES-339.

How do they compare to a Hot Rod Deluxe? Which one would you go for and why?

Thanks, Res

LSC, every time. Built for clean and blues. The reverb is other worldly and all round one of the best, if not the best blues amps money can buy.

BluesProf said:
LSC, every time. Built for clean and blues. The reverb is other worldly and all round one of the best, if not the best blues amps money can buy.

Thanks for the response. 112 or 212 or 112 with matching cab?

Resonator said:
BluesProf said:

Thanks for the response. 112 or 212 or 112 with matching cab?

I think 1X12 with a cab just for flexibility. I heard the 4X10 cabs are pretty sweet!

yeah, express is entry level, LSC is "in there!" level!
honestly I think the express name says it all, less effort for instant gratification. no where near as much tweakability, the LSC is for really nailing that tone in your head, its for those who want that capability, once you get there............you are in LOVE brotha! Express aint ever gonna getcha that far. to me if you have the dough there is no question between the two.

I just took back a LSS combo for the head. I find the combo way too heavy for myself and my back. I like the portability of the head and cab.

Both the Express and LSC are on hold. I have a Victorilux 6L6, 115 coming tomorrow for a 48 hour trial.

traitor!!!
kidding, gives a comparrison to the boogie, I mean we are all sure the LSC will kick its but, but we love to hear about it!

the head/cab vs. combo size issue is moot for me ... I just puck that 2x12 combo up and put it where i want ... it helps i am a larger than average athletic person.

i looked at the 1x12 and 2x12 ... 2x12 is a "fuller" sound. I'm running mine 6L6 ... i will play with pre-amp tubes tonight before i try the el-34 route. i get all my tones easily with 6L6.

Latest posts

Back