Lone Star Classic, Lone Star Special Comparison

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LSS Question:

Can the reverb be controlled via a footswitch. I know the standard switch doesnt control it but can you add a switch via a rear jack?

Thanks

Finnster said:
LSS Question:

Can the reverb be controlled via a footswitch. I know the standard switch doesnt control it but can you add a switch via a rear jack?

Thanks

Absolutely. On the bottom side, behind the "Slave Jack" is a 1/4" plug for a foot switch to turn the reverb on/off. I'm using a Roland FS-1.

By the way, I received the LSS 410 yesterday. It replaced a LSS 112 that I had bought a couple weeks ago. the LSS 112 had an issue with the volume dropping off. I'm glad the LSS 112 had the problem. The LSS 410 is Sooo much better than the 112. It really worked out for the best. :D :D :D

Res

I have no problem with any "brown out" flab or clip with the 34's. I did a complete JJ re-tube, pre-amp tubes included. With the stock tubes when I first got the amp, i did hear some of the frizzle or brown out you described, but with the JJ's no prob. I don't really blast the amp, but I do get loud occassionaly. I do mike the amp with a 57 to FOH.

That's pretty interesting that you can play at louder volumes with the LLS. What are your volume settings during the gig? I mean, is the clean channel at its max output at that point? Can you give me an idea how hard you're pushing the amp and still getting it to stay clean?

I just sold my rig on Ebay and I'm pretty much set on the Express 5:50. But I still have a week or so. . .I could still end up with a Lonestar.

Thanks,

pusher

Back