Lol, some people...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herbie the Rad Dorklift

Reaction score
I was playing a gig not too long ago...we were supporting a big UK band, and their tour support was a typical trendy London band (dicks really).

Anyhoo, I knew the moment I saw him the bassist was going to be a twat, I just knew it. And sure enough as I was talking to him, he was always 1 upping the rest of us: "Oh, you play a 4 string bass? Yeah, I play a 5, more to work with, makes me better", "Oh, my amp has EQ built in", He even started discussing how much money they made....

Anyways, as we were about to soundcheck, I got out my Mark IV, set it all up, and this bloke comes over...

"Oh, you play a Mark IV? Yeah...they're OK, I had one (Yeh, he plays guitar too apparently), but I traded it in for the Mark V"

:lol:

Herbie the Rad Dorklift said:
I was playing a gig not too long ago...we were supporting a big UK band, and their tour support was a typical trendy London band (dicks really).

Anyhoo, I knew the moment I saw him the bassist was going to be a twat, I just knew it. And sure enough as I was talking to him, he was always 1 upping the rest of us: "Oh, you play a 4 string bass? Yeah, I play a 5, more to work with, makes me better", "Oh, my amp has EQ built in", He even started discussing how much money they made....

Anyways, as we were about to soundcheck, I got out my Mark IV, set it all up, and this bloke comes over...

"Oh, you play a Mark IV? Yeah...they're OK, I had one (Yeh, he plays guitar too apparently), but I traded it in for the Mark V"

That's classic! What an idiot!
Unless maybe he's testing for Mesa.... lmao!!

you should've told him how much better the IV's are than the V's, but you're waiting on a new VI straight from mesa signed by RS... ;)

I havent had the chance to meet somebody like this at a show yet.

The closest I've gotten was "oh you're playing Mark IV, huh? sweet amps! probably the best amp Mesa ever made"....

then me: "yeah I'm thinking about experimenting a bit with more Mesas and probably some Marshalls".

Him: "ahh Marshall, NOW you're talking amps...."

You should have said, "Really?? I had you pegged for a Dual Inverted Cascading Kilowatt Silicon Unidirectional K-bus Rectifier Rackmount... (D.I.C.K.S.U.K.R.R.) fan. Most douchebags play through those." That would have had him thinking for a while.

Mark Fore said:
You should have said, "Really?? I had you pegged for a Dual Inverted Cascading Kilowatt Silicon Unidirectional K-bus Rectifier Rackmount... (D.I.C.K.S.U.K.R.R.) fan. Most douchebags play through those." That would have had him thinking for a while.

That's awesome! I doubt i'd be able to remember that and regurgitate it when confronted by such an ignoramus!

you should tell him: They are sweet, but I've upgraded my IV to V* and it's killer.

and tell him something about your triaxis v3.0 slim mod :lol:

Latest posts

Back