Line6 Pod X3 with MkIIc+ Effects Loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echojorge

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone knows how to optimize the sounds with using a Pod X3 in the effects loop of the Mk IIc+? Just sounds crappy and distorted altogether. Is this a Line6 problem or a Boogie problem? Any solutions?

No, nothing else in the loop. Sounds horrible going into the front of the amp as well. But sounds fine into my Blues Junior so I know it's not the Line6 product. I'll try and switch the preamp tubes around.

echojorge said:
No, nothing else in the loop. Sounds horrible going into the front of the amp as well. But sounds fine into my Blues Junior so I know it's not the Line6 product. I'll try and switch the preamp tubes around.

With the Mark II and III, the Volume 1 control is the effects send level when you are in the clean channel. When you switch to the lead channel, the Lead Master becomes the effects send level. It sounds as if you are overdriving the input of you effects. If you are experiencing this problem in the lead channel, try turning down you Lead Master pot, and increasing the Master 1 pot to bring the volume back to its original level. 8) Does the Line 6 have a variable input gain control?

Also try the aux in on the x3 instead of the guitar in. There are gains @ 3 different places in the signal chain on an x3. Use the Gui that line 6 has to work with X3. That LCD display is two clicks past weak for manipulating the X3.

Back