Line 6 cab for rectos.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. The L6 cab is more of a flat sounding guitar-voiced speaker made for a cabinet emulated speaker from a source. Said differently, they are modelling speakers (similar to a full range pa spaker) not a guitar speaker.

I can tell you one thing. A Line6 Spider II 412 cabinet can be used with a recto, but it does not sound really good...my friend used to have one, the tone is not nice. Mesa 412 standard is about 100 times better.

Yes. You will be able to find many better choices for a cabinet over line 6 for your mesa!

strumminsix said:
No. The L6 cab is more of a flat sounding guitar-voiced speaker made for a cabinet emulated speaker from a source. Said differently, they are modelling speakers (similar to a full range pa spaker) not a guitar speaker.

you're right, line6 speakers are actually more like hi-fi speakers... the cabinet tonal character is created by those cab-simulators which are often built in into line6 products.

ok kewl...I asked cuz I saw a line 6 4x12 cab used for like 5 bills canadian. not an amazing price but I was curious. thanx for all the input. I WOULD however love to try and avatar cab. So many good things said about them...and I have no way of really trying one out.

Yeah, DON'T use the Line 6 cab. I have a Flextone 412 and HATE it. I'm just trying not to put any more money on my Guitar Center card because I just paid it off. When I get the money, I'm going with a Mesa traditional or a Genz Benz. I've heard great things about them.

Latest posts

Back