Lets talk about the DC series a bit....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swansong

Reaction score
I own one and love it :wink: But I always wondered if the rumor was true that the lead channel circuitry was a single-recto circuit.
And the rhythm was the MK1 circuit.

How accurate is this?

If I could take CH1 from my DC-5 and put it in my MKIV, then I believe I'd have a great amp setup.
At the very least, I could get an amp switcher :!: . Anybody use a Looper?

Mesa catalog said that the clean channel of Dual Caliber is Mark IV type. It also said that the over drive channel is rectifier type. I have tested DC3 only once so I am not sure if it is so.

And why is there so little about the DC on the web? Even the Mesa website doesn't list them in the out of production section, what gives? DC-3 owner here on the hunt for more info ;)

I believe the preamp of the lead channel on the DC is similar to the DR(2 channel), but one (I forget which is which) has the tone controls pre-gain, the other is post. The rhythm is supposed to be based on the MKIV.

Interesting question ...thanks for asking it as I would be interested in learning the answer as well. Anyone try asking the illustrious Mike B.??

BTW, according to the owners manual (or at least implied in it), the DC5's tonestack is before the preamp, if that helps any.

Edward

I recently purchased a dc-3 combo, my first boogie! I love this little guy but also have had trouble finding much info about it. Did mesa Boogie forget they created this amp or what??? NOTHING on their site. Anyway, just wanted to put in my 2 cents and if you find out any info, please pass it on.

Go to the Boogie website,there's a drop-down menu called "product finder", scroll down to "user manuals", there's a pdf for the DC-3.

I did find that manual, but I guess I was just hoping for more info about the dc's. There's tons of stuff about the other models but not these.

Yeah, I feel you. As a fellow DC player (DC-5 head) I have emailed MB several times asking them for putting up information on the DC series on their website.
I'd also love to hear Mike B.'s inside knowledge on the DC series.

Latest posts

Back