Let's see your "Pig rig" pics (Lonestars)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ext cab update

I really need to get a nice camera sometime...

hqZvuPeVOlf6xtu10NMJDQ35o1_500.jpg

DSC04201.jpg

The head is gone but I still have the "Boogafunk" 23 inch wide EV thiele. It might just sit under a MkV one day. These cabs can be had in 27 inch wide versions too.

http://boogafunkcabs.net/

djw said:
Orangealicious. How much more orange could it be? None. None more orange.

:lol:

Can you guess what my favorite breakfast juice is?

That's right, coffee. Orange juice gives me a stomach ache.

Two questions...
Why is your amp mic'd for practise and what's with the upside down neck: :)

Mork said:
Two questions...
Why is your amp mic'd for practise and what's with the upside down neck: :)

We mic the guitar amps and DI the bass amp (the Roland on the left of the pic) into the desk for practice recording purposes. The strat in the pic is my '97 USA Fender "Voodoo Hendrix" Stratocaster, basically a USA-made strat with a left handed '68 style neck and reverse staggered pickups... the bridge pickup is also angled the opposite way to normal strats too...

I've had it since new and it is, quite simply, the nicest playing and sounding strat I've ever tried.

EDIT - shrunk, uploaded the wrong one.

eek! I think you're gonna have to shrink that picture!

Very interesting about the Hendrix Strat, I'm surprised I haven't seen one before. My favorite Strat is my Japanese made Kahler Strat. I love my two USA made ones, but the feel of the neck is quite outstanding. I'll try and get a picture up.

plan-x said:
Orange you glad i didn't say banana. :oops:

Speaking of, has anyone ever seen a yellow Lonestar? That would be hideously awesome.

Some time next year I would like to get a red Mk V head with 1 blue and 1 white cab. I'm gonna name it Capt. America, obviously.

Mork said:
Very interesting about the Hendrix Strat, I'm surprised I haven't seen one before.

Yeah the Voodoo Hendrix Stratocaster only ran from '97 to around '99, then the Hendrix estate complained that Fender had used the Hendrix brand without permission (the neck plate also has a silhouette of Jimi laser engraved onto it) and the guitars were rebranded as the '68 Reverse Stratocaster and ran until around 2002. They're great USA-made Fenders and I highly recommend them if you don't mind your Strat with a twist, there's been a fair number of these axes available on ebay over the years... to be honest, in my wilder fantasies when I wonder what I'd have if Fender made a Sebber signature guitar it would be based almost entirely on my '97 Voodoo Hendrix Strat.

Thanks Mark III, it is my opinion that if you need a lot of pedals to get your tone you have the wrong amp :wink: . I did a lot of research, played a few amps and tried numerous pedals getting my setup where it is now. Still not wild about the Phase 90 but I haven't found anything else I like to replace it yet...still considering switching to a chorus pedal though.
I really like the Kinmans, they replaced the stock SCN's. After the swap I could not believe how much more alive my strat sounded and I thought the SCN's were a decent sounding pickup (I a/b'd the SCN's with a set of Custom 54's I had in another strat and they were close in tone without the hum). The Kinmans, for me, shattered the myth that there would always be a compromise in tone to get single coil sound without the noise.

SonOfIAm said:
Thanks Mark III, it is my opinion that if you need a lot of pedals to get your tone you have the wrong amp :wink: .
Hallelujah. Can I get a witness? You speak the truth.

SonOfIAm said:
Still not wild about the Phase 90 but I haven't found anything else I like to replace it yet...still considering switching to a chorus pedal though.
Have you checked out the Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe? Veeeeeerrrry nice, clear, open sounding but deep phase/vibe/etc. I love it.

SonOfIAm said:
I really like the Kinmans, they replaced the stock SCN's. After the swap I could not believe how much more alive my strat sounded and I thought the SCN's were a decent sounding pickup (I a/b'd the SCN's with a set of Custom 54's I had in another strat and they were close in tone without the hum). The Kinmans, for me, shattered the myth that there would always be a compromise in tone to get single coil sound without the noise.
Thanks for the info, your experience sounds just like mine... if I hadn't just dropped on a Tele I'd probably swoop on them in a heartbeat. Maybe I will anyway. I've been split on my SCNs... so quiet, but a tad narrow in the freq response. But I love the guitar itself, so I'm sure it'd be worth it. What sort of switching options did you go for? Did you replace the S1 system, or were you able to re-incorporate it?

I'll have to check out the Deja Vibe, I've heard some good things about them. I did away with the S1 switching, the pickups I got were not compatable with it. I believe some of the newer sets can be installed with the S1. I went basically stock strat setup with the exception of putting the middle pickup tone control on the bridge. Really opened up the middle position and I now use it more for rhythm than I ever did before.

You may want to check out the Kinman Broadcasters for your Tele. I put them in my Deluxe Tele without even playing it with the stock SCNs. I got them with the K4 control plate assembly and am using his tone circuit, which in itself is incredible. Rolling the tone all the way back on the bridge with distortion gives a great humbuckerish (Webster may need to add that one!) growl. I had my wife listen to the Tele and my PRS CE-24 and she thought the Tele sounded BETTER!

Thanks again for the tip; so far I've been pretty happy with the stock pups in the Standard Tele, I'll prioritize upgrading the Strat for now. :)

I know I posted mine already, but I moved, swooped on the new Tele, and took some more pix. I got inspired by the recent additions. Here's the basic rig, with my Basic Pig:

rig.jpg

Detailed pedalboard view, featuring the most colorless selection of pedals I've had:

pedals.jpg

That's:
GEETAR > Fulltone Clyde Deluxe > Fulltone Supa-Trem > Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe > Barber Tone Press > Barber LTD > Boss tuner > AMP.
The screwed up looking little gray box is the what I use to control the LSC's Reverb.
The Fulltones are awesome with this amp.

... of course, I have another band in which I'm a little less concerned with TONE than I am with ATTITUDE, and the pedal selection is slightly different for that:

Supa-Trem > Tone Press > LTD > AMP
LOOP SEND > Boss CE2 Chorus > Boss FL2 Flanger > Ibanez AD9 Analog Delay > LOOP RETURN

Latest posts

Back