Korg DTR1000 with Triple Rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deftincu1

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to this board and really need some advice on how to run a Korg DTR1000 rack tuner through my Triple Rectifier. I currently run a TC electronics delay pedal through my effects loop set at 100% wet. If I run the Korg DTR1000 through the effects loop as well, am I going to have to turn the mute on when I want to tune and off when i'm done? Should I run the DTR1000 through the effects loop? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.. Sorry, I'm also new to the whole rack setup stuff so just not sure how to do this.

Hi deft,

I am no expert but do own a DTR2000 that I use in a rack with my LSC. The first thing to note is that the Korg rack tuners are not True Bypass, though they don't kill the tone much to my ears. If you care about true bypass and are one those people that assumes your tone will be killed, rather than trying it first, then don't put the DTR in the effects loop.

I don't use the DTR's mute on my rack setup so I have just tapped a feed from the rack that goes into the tuner. I believe that you could do this using the slave output on the Recto, as long as you keep the level control very low, but I have not tried this so check with others first - you wouldn't be able to mute though!! Personally, I would do this, over going Guitar>DTR>Amp. Others will have a different view, but if I were you I would let your ears be the test, and if there is no difference in tone have it in the loop!!!

I have a different tuner for when I am just using the amp without the rack - a Peterson Strobostomp 2, its true bypass and the DB's (as we say in the UK!)

Not a very good answer, but hopefully given you something to think about!

Duncs

New thought on this.... It may be that having the unit in the loop will effect the quality of the tuning when it is fed a distorted signal, rather than a clean one. I don't know the answer to this, but could be a good reason to go for the tapped feed that I suggested - read your manual about the slave socket and level first though!

Duncan

Latest posts

Back