known issue - FX send/Recieve volueme issue?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarmech111

Reaction score
Is there a know issue with the send/recieve on the amp where volume fades and then comes back? I am suspecting my G-Major 2 and not the Mesa, but I figiured I would ask.

I have the GM2 setup in the fx send channel and after a while playing, the volume decreases to almost nothing and then comes back.

Anyone ever had this happen to them with the Mark V?

Not a normal problem as far as I am aware. Could be a tube or dirty plug contacts or the G Major.

Try wiring FX Send directly to FX return with a short patch cable to see if it's the amp or the FX box (or one of the cables).

Similar thing happened to me; but I lost volume indefinitely. I hit the effects loop hard bypass switch and the sound came back. A preamp tube (v6) ended up being bad. Swapping it cleared it up.

Could it be a bad half on the loop valve?
Easy way to check whether it's the amp or effects unit, try not using the effects unit. Put a patch lead from fx send to fx return.
If it still fades in and out with the loop switched on, it's the loop. If it doesn't it's something on the effects unit.

Not used to rack gear at all. Last October, I acquired a G-System.
With how sensitive that is to volume settings on the unit, could it be that your G-Major is overloading or something? Like I say, I've no experience of the Major. I don't see it as being too far a stretch of the imagination to suppose they use similar setup methods.

Back