Just scored a Roadster!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nazgul666

Reaction score
Mint condition Roadster on Ebay. I just won this auction. I was the only bidder and got it for $1450. Its only 3 months old.

I bought a Mark III Blue stripte a coule of weeks a go on EBay and it just didn't sound big enugh for me. Plus it lacked a little versatility as far as channel switching and solo boosts etc. I was in Guitar Center a few days later and plugged into a Roadster and I was blown away with the thick tone. I have a little experiencewith the dual rec so I basically set it up with no dials above 5 on cahnnels 3 and 4 and was getting juicy rhythm tones and fluid lead tones without a hint of the fizz that some say affects rectos.

I can't wait for this amp to arrive. Any hints would be appreciated with regard to bold, spongy, and power options would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

I have a lot of hints for the Roadster...love mine...feel free to PM me after you get to play it for a little...let me know what more you want out of it, and I'll get you there ;)

Eric

ibanez4life SZ! said:
I have a lot of hints for the Roadster...love mine...feel free to PM me after you get to play it for a little...let me know what more you want out of it, and I'll get you there ;)

Eric

Thanks. I've already read a lot of your posts so you're partly responsible for the GAS attack.

Anyway, its out for delivery right now so I'll be having a good weekend.

I plan on tweaking it and setting up an amp shoot out between the Roadster, my Mark III Blue stripe and my DSL 50. Should be interesting. But right now I am definitely looking for a big fat sound. And lately I have been completely loving Petrucci's lead tone on Train of Thought and on his solo album. The neck pickup sound is so shreddy I love it. I should be able to get that from the Roadster I am hoping.

Mike

Tolkien fan???
:lol:

Congrats!

Most important thing. Read the manual.

Then monkey around a bit, and try out some of the 'sample' settings that are in the manual.

Then after a day of messing around, Read the Manual again.

And also, bypass the loop. see prev. threads on this topic. It really opens up the amp.

And play more, keeping the manual handy, and tweak away, and have fun finding that perfect tone.

Nazgul666 said:
ibanez4life SZ! said:

Eric

Thanks. I've already read a lot of your posts so you're partly responsible for the GAS attack.

Anyway, its out for delivery right now so I'll be having a good weekend.

I plan on tweaking it and setting up an amp shoot out between the Roadster, my Mark III Blue stripe and my DSL 50. Should be interesting. But right now I am definitely looking for a big fat sound. And lately I have been completely loving Petrucci's lead tone on Train of Thought and on his solo album. The neck pickup sound is so shreddy I love it. I should be able to get that from the Roadster I am hoping.

Mike

Ever set up that amp shoot out?

Latest posts

Back