Just Saw Night Ranger-lots of Boogies on stage

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littleb

Reaction score
I saw them once in 87 and a few days ago..Gillis had red boogie 4x12 cabs across the stage..His tone was kicking and just plain ON!!!!!I could see mesa heads, but couldnt tell what they were...anyways--great tone that night! :D

I know when he was with Ozzy it was two MKII"B"'s separated by a stereo chorus pedal. Glad to hear he's still using Boogies!

My buddy saw Brad Gillis playing at a local club (San Francisco Area) and he claimed he was using a Diezel I think.

Brad also claimed that the Decatone was his sound as well. I think like a lot of dudes doing fly gig's he uses what is there.
Got any pics?

Youre exactly right!...When youre doin a fly gig, generally speaking, it usually isnt your main rig..When Ive flown into Nashville from PA. to do work,I have to rely on my buddy down there to hook me up with a decent rig..It costs soooooo much to fly my stuff around....The Night Ranger show i saw , they headlined and it was obviously thier own rigs-there were red boogie cabs from one end of the stage to the other w/ Jack blades bass cabs in the middle...And the heads were boogie( I could see the graphic), but couldnt make out the model....Anyways, the guitar tones were real crunchy,thick,and full of sustain....F.O.H. mix was also spot on!

fishyfishfish said:
Does anyone know what the deal is with Jeff not joining them back for this tour?
I read somewhere there was a bad break up but neither side wants to elaborate on it so if you hear anything its more speculation what really happened.

Bummer, in the 80's the band I was with then 'wished' we were like Night Ranges. We did a half-*** "Don't Tell Me You Love Me" it was an embarrassing attempt. :oops:

http://www.triumphmusic.com/forums/thread/8473.aspx
This is all I can find. Sounds like my old band without the money or hot chicks. They were one of the Bay Area break out bands that made some good tunes with Mesa.

fishyfishfish said:
http://www.triumphmusic.com/forums/thread/8473.aspx
This is all I can find. Sounds like my old band without the money or hot chicks. They were one of the Bay Area break out bands that made some good tunes with Mesa.

Night Ranger without Jeff Watson is just like Whitesnake without John Sykes. It's just not the same. :x :x

Pretty much-yes...While the new guy was doing the 8 finger technique and all,...all i could think about was wanting to see Watson up there instead..Not sure why of that....the other dude was good for sure,but how do you fill Watsons shoes?..you dont...They did put on a fantastic show anyways,w/ killer Boogie tones :D

JOEY B. said:
Night Ranger without Jeff Watson is just like Whitesnake without John Sykes. It's just not the same. :x :x

I love John Sykes too, but give Mel Galley some respect. Mel wrote a bunch of the songs and played on "Slide it In", my fave Whitesnake album.

Back