Just bought a MK III!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick_cor

Reaction score
hey everyone! I just picked up a Mesa Boogie Mark III off ebay a couple days ago, I'm paying 430$ USD. But the guy i'm buying off of is sorta mysterious... He emailed me once after i bought the unit asking for my address and never returns my emails.. on the site it just says it's a rackmountable 60watt no reverb unit , comes with a case with no front or back covers, BUT doesn't say what condition the unit is in, i'm somewhat worried that when i recieve it, after getting a 200$ shipping fee that it's going to need some major repair.. stupid me... but that's if this guy ever emails me back or anything anyways i'm hoping for the best..!!!!!!!!

Yikes. Sounds sketchy. I would suggest getting a phone number and talking to the guy so there aren't any misunderstandings. Oh BTW $200 is a hell of a lot to ship an amp to Canada from the states. If he is honest he will get you a quote or offer a refund of the difference if shipping is less.

yeah, I've sent him a email yesterday saying , I'd like to talk to you in person if that's alright, but no response! but i'll figure out the weight and stuff and do some comparisons...he has 100% feedback and like 100 sales or something so maybe he's on vacation?

I purchased a MKIII off ebay a couple months ago. Shipping to Kodiak Island, Alaska was about $128 for a 60 watt short head. Hope this gives you a rough idea.

boogietone said:
Shipping to Kodiak Island, Alaska was about $128 for a 60 watt short head. .

Where was this shipped from ?

and do you guys like your MK III *stupid question*? what cab are you playing them through??

Mine was shipped from Alabama and yes I really like it. It has had some mods and changes to it that I posted in another thread. I kind of wish it was all original aside from the R2 volume mod. I'm waiting on a speaker cab as we speak. It's a Mesa 2X12 with V30's. There is no real music store where I live so for the time being I've wired it to the 2-12's in my Johnson JM 120. Kind of hokie I know but till I get my speaker cab it'll have to do. After a thorough cleaning with some electronics cleaner and tube change it sounds really good despite the lack of a decent speaker cab and not having a chance to really open it up and get it loud.

that sounds great, right now I'm running my ada mp1s through a 50watt marshall mg solid state combo. But I'm selling my marshall and i'm buying a Genz Benz G flex 2x12. The george lynch signature model, they look kinda lame, but it's real cheap and I might be trading it for my combo so i don't have to pay a dime!!

I shipped a 2555 Jubilee to Ontario for $ 80.00 via UPS insured.

My Imbuya IIC+ 1X12 Simul with the EV and factory road case was shipped from missouri for $102.00 insured.

I would back out if I had the chance. It sounds like a lazy E-Bayer or a Fish Monger.

hmm, this guy is from Raleigh NC, 80 bucks isn't that bad, actually I'm going to get some units and make a rack and sell it on ebay for 400$ or 500$ buy it now, so hopefully all I'll be paying for is shipping and customs

I have noticed that some people are inflating the shipping in order to try to recoup some of their perceived losses for selling on E-bay. I have shipped and have shipped both inside the continental US and abroad. I can say that an amp head costs about $60 to ship coast to coast (FL to CA). I also can say that from NY to CA that a head should be close to the same. I have noticed that small I tems that I have shipped and received from Ontario, Canada cost about double what they should. That being said, if the guy lived in CA and the amp cost double to go to Ontario, Canada then realistically your shipping should have never exceeded $130. I would think that would include any taxes if declared. I believe that your seller is trying to recoup some of his loss by hiking the shipping costs. Even having large items packaged for shipping at UPS store doesn't cost $70. The fact that you said that you won the auction for $430 shows that he is losing money. Worst case scenario, after you get the amp leave less than stellar feedback and mention the inflated shipping if he does nothing to make things realistic. Regardless, I would find out how much it cost to ship. If it comes via Post office you will see it plainly on the box. If it comes via a shipping company you can have the tracking number referenced or measure and weigh the box once you receive it then ask for a quote from them. There are too many people screwing with E-bay right now and finding ways to get over. Prime example, I have seen several amps and guitars with low starting bids and no reserve but fixed shipping costs that are way out of line. Some of them are being sold by people with decent feedback while others have terrible feedback. Personally I try not to deal with anyone that has ever had negative feedback on a sale. Though it is kind of risky, I have found that newcomers to E-bay tend to be more honest than those with longer but spotty track records. It is important to check out their ID history too. Too many changes can reveal a somewhat shady individual. The private feedback is also a bad sign. Good Luck.

Wow, well said ross. I think what I'm going to do is, ask this guy for the weight of the item, and figure it out on my own, I've noticed that with the other purchases i made, with my old ada mp1 the guy said it would be about 90$ to ship.. so i asked for the dimensions and all that stuff and i found out it should only be 40 - 50$. Hopefully if this guy emails me back with his phone number because I hate having to wait 4 days for a response.

Ha, I guess I was wrong, the guy just emailed me now with his number, i talked to him over the phone, he was busy gigging and all that stuff, the amp is in great working condition, it comes out to $520 CDN, how much did you guys pay for it? and how much you think i could get for it if i were to sell it?

Mine was about $530. Don't know what you could get for it if you were to sell it. Like I said earlier, shipping for me was $128 but the guy I bought it from paid half. That was really cool! 8)

wow that was nice of him, my shipping only comes out $24, from raleigh to toronto... i had to pay in total 467 USD , so i'm pretty happy, although the unit doesn't come with reverb , not that i need it because I have an effects processor that does a decent reverb.

Mine was supposed to have reverb but when I got it I found the reverb was removed. The reverb was replaced with that R2 volume mod I think it's called. I wasn't all that happy about it till I read some posts that the reverb wasn't all that good to begin with. Also, it seems that a lot of people have that volume mod done. So, maybe it was for the best. Trying to figure out which reverb/delay unit I want to get. I sold a Rockman stereo echo years ago that I'm really regretting now. Oh well.

yeah, IMO pickup a g major OR the rocktrons new effects processor, or if you have money , find one on ebay, the TC 2290s, :lol:

Back