Just bought a LSS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody

Reaction score
I just bought a used LSS 2x12 combo,It's about 4 years old, Anyhow I just wanted to blow my horn on this, I gave $1400 for the combo I didn't think that was too bad, OK that all

Congrats!! I had one of those amps, and it is missed!! Great amps! Heavy suckers arent they!

enjoy it. I didn't know that the LSS has been out that long already, thought it was introduced just over 2 years ago.

Hey Brother, you might be right on how long they have benn out, I'm just going off what was left on the waranty? Anyway I can't wate until I get it, I play in classic rock, rockabilly cover band I hope this will cover zz top, syknyrd, stones, stp,srv, that kind of stuff

ja22y said:
enjoy it. I didn't know that the LSS has been out that long already, thought it was introduced just over 2 years ago.
ja22y
Do you have one??

woody said:
ja22y said:
ja22y
Do you have one??
Yes I do have one. It will cover a wide range of tone for gigs. That's the reason I bought it. Initially I only play the 5w at home, but since I like it so much, I now mike'd it and use it for that power tube saturated tone. Very nice.

Ja22y
That's great to here that you Gig with this amp, I was plaining on gigging with this amp also , I know there are some issues with the lonestar specials tube 5y3 I believe, but the original owner said he's never had a days trouble in 4 years so I hope I have the same luck. Ja22y Is yours the 2x12 combo? SO When gigging I will need to mike this amp?? It don't have enough power? hum---- What mike are you using SM57?

woody said:
Hey Brother, you might be right on how long they have benn out, I'm just going off what was left on the waranty? Anyway I can't wate until I get it, I play in classic rock, rockabilly cover band I hope this will cover zz top, syknyrd, stones, stp,srv, that kind of stuff

I was playing mine tonight with my band. We dont gig, just play for fun. I play the LSS mostly with an Eric Johnson Strat and sometimes plug a ToneLab into the front and it covers the stuff you listed easily. Works out great. We also play a lot of Skynyrd type stuff and the other guitarist plays a Les Paul so it works out pretty well.

I know there are some issues with the lonestar specials tube 5y3

I read here that they fixed that and you can send them in for an update. I use an NOS but if it works as is then who cares? Mine did blow in a few weeks.

woody said:
Ja22y
That's great to here that you Gig with this amp, I was plaining on gigging with this amp also , I know there are some issues with the lonestar specials tube 5y3 I believe, but the original owner said he's never had a days trouble in 4 years so I hope I have the same luck. Ja22y Is yours the 2x12 combo? SO When gigging I will need to mike this amp?? It don't have enough power? hum---- What mike are you using SM57?

The rectifier tube 5y3 is a well documented issue. Mine blew after a few months. Put in a NOS and haven't had any issue since.
Mine is a 2x12 and it's plenty loud. Depends on your venue and what you're after. I mike the amp because I use IEM and need to control the volume on my monitor and FOH, and not blasting everyone. So I mike it because it's ... too loud otherwise.
Whatever mike the sound guy has but the default is sm57. I also like the Senn e(something) that made for guitar cab.

woody said:
Ja22y

The rectifier tube 5y3 is a well documented issue. Mine blew after a few months. Put in a NOS and haven't had any issue since.
Mine is a 2x12 and it's plenty loud. Depends on your venue and what you're after. I mike the amp because I use IEM and need to control the volume on my monitor and FOH, and not blasting everyone. So I mike it because it's ... too loud otherwise.
Whatever mike the sound guy has but the default is sm57. I also like the Senn e(something) that made for guitar cab.

Back