Just arrived...Mark IIB Question wattage

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardG

Reaction score
Hello again

Just got the Mark IIB. Just plugged it in and it sounds great. I can see its going to take some getting used to in the way that the controls interact. Unlike my vibrolux... one sound and it always sounds awesome.

Anyway......

When I got it from ebay it was advertised as 100/60. The amp i got has no switch to change the wattage settings. I had a quick read on Harmony Central and also the manual . If it is not a 100/60 model what in fact is it?

If anyone can enlighten me on the wattage options with these amps, I would be very interested.

Thanks again

If it has 4 power tubes, it is a 100 watt amp. If 2 power tubes, 60 watts.

If you slide the chassis out of the combo, you will see some markings on the side of the amp. If in doubt, tell us these markings.

The switch should be next to the heatsink on the back of the amp, the real test is the number of power tubes. There are also Simulclass models but they too should have a switch if I remember rightly.

Hey mate, just searched through the completed listings on the aussie eBay to find your amp. Yours has 4 power tubes, and like all Marks with Graphic EQ, the switch is located next to the heat sink. It says 100 in the up position, and 60 R.M.S in the down. So yours is indeed a 100/60 watt version.

hugsy41 said:
Hey mate, just searched through the completed listings on the aussie eBay to find your amp. Yours has 4 power tubes, and like all Marks with Graphic EQ, the switch is located next to the heat sink. It says 100 in the up position, and 60 R.M.S in the down. So yours is indeed a 100/60 watt version.

DOH...

I feel like a dick. I did not see it there last night.

Thanks everyone

Latest posts

Back