John Petrucci's green iic+ preamp.. how?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axelfatu

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just wondering how did Mark Synder (JP's Rig builder) actually convert a iic+ into a preamp? Is this very possible to do and does it require a lot of wiring and circuitry to be adjusted? I'm guessing you might have to have a lot of knowledge in AMPS or be an electronic engineer

On the new Dream Theater DVD, John is actually using the preamp with the Rectifier poweramp and in my opinion it sounds amazing..

Just wanted to know...

There are two 1/4" jacks in the bottom of the chassis,one is the preamp out the other is a power amp in.Check the Mesa site and download the manual,it will explain which is which.I dont know if this is how JP's guy did it but it will acomplish the same.Just take the preamp out into a power amp.

wouldn't you just have to slave out the pre-amp (through the plug in back) into the effects return of the rectifier? this is how metallica did their puppets sound, except with a marshall.

You could do that if it were a head but looking at the nunya, it makes you think that Snyder built it since it seems to have two independent channels. The easiest way to get something like that is to use a Studio preamp (and have it modded if you really wanna get close) into the recto poweramp.

JP-Rack-Right.jpg

JP-Rear.jpg

Back