John Petrucci Rock discipline tone question.. WHAT AMP ??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick_cor

Reaction score
for any of you who own this video does anyone know what amp or preamp/poweramp he used? I really like his clean tone and his heavy tones when he does his examples on chords and stuff? he says at the end what his rig is, the mark IIC+ but he also has a triaxis, anyone got a clue ?

I don't know for sure, but I'd say it's either the Triaxis/2:90 or a IIc+, since that is the gear he was using at the time. I did some digging on the forum on his official website, but I didn't find any definitive answer. I did see that his "clinic" rig is a rack with a Triaxis and 2:90, so I wouldn't be surprised if that is what he used. I believe that his custom Ibanez guitars and Dimarzio pickups had a big effect on his tone at the time too, very bright and almost scooped sounding.

I really like his Rythm crunch sound at the end of the vid, when he shows all his gear. His clean sound is perfect too !

yeah....hmmmmm for some reason I think it's his mark IIC+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Isz9XsiHo

any clues anyone?

it sounds like a C+ to me, and, as someone mentioned, his guitars play a big role in his sound. the sound isn't all C+. it's a lot of guitar

I was under the impression that it was a mark IV, I could be wrong and probably am however. lol

Very cool. I have a mark IV 8) Hopefully with my new guitar on the way i'll be able to get tones that breathe like that!

Back