JJ KT77s in a Dual Rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kramerxxx

Reaction score
I put these in a couple of weeks ago and it took until Friday for them to 'open up' and start sounding like I thought they should have.

Has anyone else noticed a long break in for these tubes? Usually a 6L6 or EL34 takes a few hours. This tube took over 20 hours.

kramerxxx said:
I put these in a couple of weeks ago and it took until Friday for them to 'open up' and start sounding like I thought they should have.

Has anyone else noticed a long break in for these tubes? Usually a 6L6 or EL34 takes a few hours. This tube took over 20 hours.

sounds about right. when I first installed them in my Rectoverb head, I liked them, but not enough to ditch my SED 6L6s. I swapped back and forth for awhile and am now sticking with the KT77s - one day they sounded good, the next day they sounded great

yeah I just order all new jj tubes...hoping to get more distortion soon wihtout turing it past 3 o'clock

I am running mine between 11:30 and 1:30 on the gain and about 10:00 on the channel volumes with the master at 9 o'clock.

Latest posts

Back