I've tried an EQ in the loop with 2C+ mode......

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littleguitar

Reaction score
Got an old MXR 10 bands EQ so I've try it in the loop set to normal with 2 C+ mode and I can't imagine that a real 2 C + sound better !
So, for those who think 2 C + mode haven't enough bottom end, this is the way to go to match the best 2 C + Petrucci's sound !!!

full power, pentode, classic V curve on sliders, 4 6L6's

gain : 14 h 30
master : 9 h
presence : 10 h 30
treble : 14 h 30
medium : 9 h
bass : 11 h
output 10 h are my settings on the V

Suhr std with DSH + on the bridge
4 x 12 Stilletto straight

MXR :
+6 db volume
31 hz + 9
62 hz + 6
125 hz +3 and others sliders and the input gain 0 db and this is "war" at the end of your fingers !

My setup is very similar. Using delay and eq in the loop. Running EL34's. I tried NOS Siemans but found Mullard re-issues to be very nice. Also, swapped a bunch of 12AX7s and came up with a very warm sound that sings forever. Cleans have super punch.

And here I was thinking I was an idiot for using an external EQ in my FX loop on an amp with an EQ! Glad to hear others are doing it too, it does radically change the sound of the amp. Really shimmers up the cleans nicely and brings in some serious bottom end. I'm using the MXR 10 band as well, great EQ! I like to go back and forth allot, I find my amp doesn't go into natural feedback as well with the EQ engaged, also seems to play more "legato" with the EQ off. Does this make any sense to anyone but myself, or do I just sound like an idiot? haha!

smd24fan said:
And here I was thinking I was an idiot for using an external EQ in my FX loop on an amp with an EQ! Glad to hear others are doing it too, it does radically change the sound of the amp. Really shimmers up the cleans nicely and brings in some serious bottom end. I'm using the MXR 10 band as well, great EQ! I like to go back and forth allot, I find my amp doesn't go into natural feedback as well with the EQ engaged, also seems to play more "legato" with the EQ off. Does this make any sense to anyone but myself, or do I just sound like an idiot? haha!

Makes sense to me. Those are the types of things I usually try and notice when i'm tinkering with tone.

Latest posts

Back