Its Here (The grail)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cremona

Reaction score
Its here folks .

I was very unsure what exactly i have bourgt but my worris have been put to shame.

It is a factory org DRG long head serial nr 13998, it is simul class and have the 105 PT.

I was also a bit worrid about the tranny rust , but looking at it now , its nothing its only a littel bit on the bottom of the tranny , the rest is just a littel filth from being stored for a long time.

One thing that have caught my eye is the circuit bord , i cant find enywhere that say RP, But in one corner of the board it is printed on the board C+, it must be a final productionc+.

The tubes that came with it is actually sylvania 6l6`s with the dual getter, but the seller did not know it was a simul class amp.
Lucky i have bourgt a set of sylvania 6ca7`s that will get here soon.

I loaded this old girl up with Nos Tungsrams and , RFT halogetters 12ax7`s

The shell dos look a bit worn down, but other then that its in good condition.

I will take this to a good guitar tech, because the boards do show signs of being exposed to cigarte smoke, but nothing to bad.

The sound ?, well il get back to that right now its warming up :D :D :D
foto91x.jpg

foto88r.jpg

foto85.jpg

foto83y.jpg

foto82.jpg

foto81k.jpg

foto80r.jpg

foto79.jpg

foto77h.jpg

Congrats!!!!

After such a long time of waiting enjoy her. Nice to have another C+ in the BB family. And hopefully you satisfied your ear after a long journey of search. We should found the European C+ Mafia :twisted: .

Don't forget to eat and drink while playing this beauty 8)

Now i will sleep better. Was waiting this morning for your post :lol:

You need to connect pins 1 and 8 on the Class-A power tube sockets before you run the 6CA7's. It will help the tube to operate better. This is done to any Simulclass C+ that is sent in for service, and comes standard on the Mark III's and IV's.

JOEY B. said:
You need to connect pins 1 and 8 on the Class-A power tube sockets before you run the 6CA7's. It will help the tube to operate better. This is done to any Simulclass C+ that is sent in for service, and comes standard on the Mark III's and IV's.

Hi Joey

Thanks for the heads up, i have all ready made a apointment at the danish mesa boogie tech shop, i will get the pod`s cleaned and overall cleaning ,and have them replace the power caps .
And il make sure the get the class A socket fixed.

What do you think about the circuit board , i cant find enywhere it says RP... but in the top corner (last pic) there is printed on the board C+ ?

Thanks

SpongeRob said:
Congrats!!!!

After such a long time of waiting enjoy her. Nice to have another C+ in the BB family. And hopefully you satisfied your ear after a long journey of search. We should found the European C+ Mafia :twisted: .

Don't forget to eat and drink while playing this beauty 8)

Now i will sleep better. Was waiting this morning for your post :lol:

Yeah this amp will diffently kvalify me for the euro c+ mob :D

Well i just finish playing for 2 houres straight,and it felt like 5 minuts.

When i had the upgarded drg c+ i tried running it with all 6l6 tubes , but diddent like it to much , to harsh and cold.

So il keep some resevations regating the sound of this baby, because its running all 6l6´s and all the preamp tubes are new out of the box.

But there is two things that are aparent from the moment i started playing it, no matter what crazy rytmen stuff i play it just pures it out with brutal authority and precision, in this regard its a different animal then the upgarde c+ with the 100 tranny.

The amounth of crunch is about the same , but overall this amp sounds brighter and more harsh(in a good way), and its even more loud.

The clean channel havever was better on the old c+ i had, but even now with all 6l6 tubes and brand new preamp tubes my new baby fits me and my playing better, ( I play rythmen guitar 98% of the time), its so inspiring to play through, when i get to the sweetspot on this thing its like entering another world

Knowing what happens when you swap out the 6l6 tubes with a pair is sylvania 6ca7/el34`s in the out sockets of a simul c+, I know it will be simply perfect for me. :wink:

Now i need a drink

Hi Cremona,

You have to look on the Preamp Circuit Board for the RP. The "C+" you found, is on the Power Amp Circuit board. If you look from the front into your amp the first circuit board, on the left side should said "MESA BOOGIE LTD. RP11A". The Power Amp should say PWR-7C1. Could only check this on my 100/60 as my Simul didn't arrived yet. But as far as i remember the Power Circuit Board layout on the 100/60 and Simul are the same. But if i'm saying something wrong please correct me someone of the Pro's. :wink:

SpongeRob said:
Hi Cremona,

You have to look on the Preamp Circuit Board for the RP. The "C+" you found, is on the Power Amp Circuit board. If you look from the front into your amp the first circuit board, on the left side should said "MESA BOOGIE LTD. RP11A". The Power Amp should say PWR-7C1. Could only check this on my 100/60 as my Simul didn't arrived yet. But as far as i remember the Power Circuit Board layout on the 100/60 and Simul are the same. But if i'm saying something wrong please correct me someone of the Pro's. :wink:

Are OK ,my bad il check it when i get home. :lol:

Its only my second c+ and im still a newbi, but this is a keeper if there ever was one , so plenty of time getting to know it.

thanks

Its only my second c+ and im still a newbi, but this is a keeper if there ever was one , so plenty of time getting to know it.
:lol: Same here! Most of the information i got about the IIC+ is out of this forum! There a lot's of great guys here who doesn't make any secrets about the mystery of this amp. And of course, all of us will get an Amp in a decent shape with the right Hardware for that amount of money. Getting all the main information out of this forum was very helpful for my search. I'm sure you'll find the RP11A on the preamp. The pics are not very large and the quality is also not the best so i can't read it, but anyway there IS something :mrgreen:
Btw beautiful amp. I love to see Mesa Amps. If i'll come across a EQ Knob for the old Mark Series i'll keep you informed. Looks like the TAD Knobs are really a bit smaller. You saved me some money with this. Somebody should start to replicate them, as i already saw plenty of missing EQ Slider knobs. And 10€ for one Slider knob! :(

SpongeRob said:
:lol: Same here! Most of the information i got about the IIC+ is out of this forum! There a lot's of great guys here who doesn't make any secrets about the mystery of this amp. And of course, all of us will get an Amp in a decent shape with the right Hardware for that amount of money. Getting all the main information out of this forum was very helpful for my search. I'm sure you'll find the RP11A on the preamp. The pics are not very large and the quality is also not the best so i can't read it, but anyway there IS something :mrgreen:
Btw beautiful amp. I love to see Mesa Amps. If i'll come across a EQ Knob for the old Mark Series i'll keep you informed. Looks like the TAD Knobs are really a bit smaller. You saved me some money with this. Somebody should start to replicate them, as i already saw plenty of missing EQ Slider knobs. And 10€ for one Slider knob! :(

That would be great.

yes the TAD one looks very different , when i bourgt it i had to buy for 25 EURO in total so i just orderd som new black screws and one new mesa mark dial knob.

When i got my order i found out that the price was for one screw ????????, thats simply insane charging that much for what i got.

Oh there is one thing that dossent function on my new amp, and that is the eq switch, that is very ironic because that was the one thing the seller stated was replaced :)

SonicProvocateur said:
cremona, I will give you $5 for you amp :wink:

Just kidding!

Glad your C+ arrived safely! Enjoy the hell out of it!

Il rather sell the hause then let this old girl go :wink:

But thanks i surthely will.

Il get back with some more pics , and maybe a littel sound taste, :wink:

now i just need to get the class a sockets fixed and get the sylvania 6ca7`s .

Everybody try to work for their bread. And if there would be a big demand on EQ Slider knobs, the prices wouldn't be so high for them.

But everybody loves his Equipment! So that's why they can charge the money.

If you drive a Porsche you also have to pay almost 80€ for a working hour. Maybe TAD thought, Mesa User's also have the little extra money for some Mesa parts. :wink:
But they have a nice Selection. So sometimes it's worth to take a look before searching some hours, waiting for the parts 2 weeks, pick them up from the customs.

For this money, this age and after this journey from the US, it's a good choice to give it to a good tech and get it checked. A great amp and worth the investment.

cremona, I will give you $5 for you amp

I'll give you $5 and one slider Knob for your amp! :lol:

It's nice to see a happy man with his Boogie. Congrats on the amp, my friend!

Now all you need to do is post some clips rockin' it out! 8)

~Nep~

Neptical said:
It's nice to see a happy man with his Boogie. Congrats on the amp, my friend!

Now all you need to do is post some clips rockin' it out! 8)

~Nep~

Thanks man :)

Yeah i am one happy boogie head , the amp as it is without el34/6ca7`s sounds fuc.... unbelieble.
Its different then the one i had before , and I have a whole new spectrum of sounds to chose from, i need some time getting to know it.

It has a ton of gain, more then i ever experinced in a mark amp, it can sound so furious and down right metal that its scary, but it can also sing.

Im really looking forvard hearing after it gets cleaned up, get new power caps, and i put som el34/gca7 in there.
:)

Hey,

looks like we got ours on the same day! wahoo! Mine is perfect after Mike B got his hands on it, soon yours will be too! I listened to your clips on netmusicians site... sound is great. let us know when you have more.

scott

zodiac272 said:
Hey,

looks like we got ours on the same day! wahoo! Mine is perfect after Mike B got his hands on it, soon yours will be too! I listened to your clips on netmusicians site... sound is great. let us know when you have more.

scott

congrats :wink:

Yeah its gonna feel good when the amp has been looked over by the mesa tech.

Lets see if it can do metal :twisted:

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/42-c%2B%20metal.mp3

Sounded great. I'm glad I didn't plug it in now. It would have been much harder to ship. :lol:

Latest posts

Back