It's been 5 months, and I'm still waiting for my own Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After knowing that on average, it takes Mesa/Boogie about 6-10 weeks for a Mark IV to be made and shipped, I had no problem placing a special order at my local Guitar Center around early December (one of the very good GCs compared to horrific stories I've heard) and simply played the waiting game. About a week later I received a phone call from one of the associates at GC telling me that my amp would arrive on February 27. So once again I excitedly waited and did my research for the time being.

The same associate from GC called me around early march saying that it is going to take longer than expected. (at this point I was very disappointed as I'm sure anyone would expect a nice new toy around the same week that they are told it would be delivered) But thankfully, they have done an incredibly generous task by ordering a Mark IV from another GC and letting me use it until my Mark IV comes in. Even today I'm still thankful for the great customer service I received.

But now I'm approaching my 5th month past the order date, and I'm getting worried. Even though I currently have the Mark IV, I don't have the Mark IV that I ordered, and it would only bring a sigh of relief to finally have the amp that I paid $2060 for; especially if something were to happen to the Mark IV that I own- the last thing I'd need is another $2000 out of my wallet due to a broken or god forbid, stolen amp!

Now does anyone know if there's any known (3+ month) delays on the Mark IV lately or something? And if there anything I can do (get an update from Mesa) becuase I haven't received any word from the associates from GC in every time that I've called them becuase I'm just about ready to cancel the order and negotiate a major discount on buying the Mark IV that I'm currently using.

I just ordered a Mark 4, on March 27. I called GC last monday (bc they also told me it would be 6 months) the new info is that it should ship out next week, so it took a total of 8-9 weeks,if there is no more delay (crossing fingers).

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised if GC sold your amp to someone else.

A member of another forum I frequent had ordered a PRS from GC, and waited over 6-8 months for it, only to find that it had been brutalized on the sales floor for a couple of months.

nocluejimbo said:
I hate to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised if GC sold your amp to someone else.

A member of another forum I frequent had ordered a PRS from GC, and waited over 6-8 months for it, only to find that it had been brutalized on the sales floor for a couple of months.

Hopefully that won't be the issue, but if it is, I have a very good lawyer if this were to go as far as going to court.

The Mesa rep from the GC said that there's no way that I can have Mesa/Boogie track my order or give a status quota on it. Is this true?

I really just hope there has only been a major delay (even though they shouldn't have given me a frickin' date that it would arrive. But I swear that if anyone played it other than the testers, there will be hell to pay.

That sounds like a very long time. From the time I ordered mine to the tyime I picked it up was about 8 weeks and that was to canada.

No real special extras other than Bubinga with cane grill.

brianf

I would call Mesa and circumvent GC's lame excuses. (707) 778-6565

That is the # to Mesa. I mean the long distance call would be worth it for peace of mind. Worst case scenario is that they don't have any information because GC ordered it just as floor stock. If you filled out the order then they should have your name and what it is that you ordered at least and can tell you if it was built and/or shipped.

It is just unfortunate that you cannot order a new amp direct. You can order all the replacement parts you want, just not a fully assembled amp.

Being it has been this long, chances are if it came to the store it was sold out from underneath you. Now your GC is probably sweating because according to the GC near me they no longer get MArk IV's.

WOW!! What luck. This must clearly be a coincidence. About 5 minutes ago, I received a call from the GC rep telling me that my Mark IV has arrived.

Problem solved, thank heavens.

Time to pick up my OWN Mark IV :)

Good deal. Hopefully no has gotten to thrash on it before you pick it up.

Latest posts

Back