Issues with Triple Rec. + Rack setup

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adam, be careful what you're doing there cause I had a similar problem using the GCX and GC Pro with my Dual Rec. The configuration I was given to setup the GCX to change the 3 amp channels and the FX Loop was not right and caused my DR to crash hard. I could have all three channels on at once and the FX Loop!!? See this thread.
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=22792
The last I heard from my amp tech was that he could not even get the amp to go to a channel so he could perform whatever tests he needed to.(can't wait to see this bill!). I hope that the infomation that these kind folks shared with me can be of some help to you.

I put a short jumper across the Send and Return of the loop to see if there was any noise, and there was none. The buzzing sound I've been getting in the loop only occurs when either the Decimator or G Major's loops are actually active. In other words, with the "Loop On", but no FX actually active in the loop, there is no buzz. So what could be the culprit of that? If I turn on ONLY the G Major or ONLY the Decimator in the FX loop, the noise also comes back.

The popping sounds in the amp must be a problem with the Mesa itself. I unplugged everything from the external switching jacks and plugged in the standard Mesa footswitch and the popping still exists. Here's the weird part... the solo function works fine with the mesa footswitch! However when I try to use it via the external switches and the GCX, the Solo mode just stays on.

The other thing too; where do you guys set your In/Out controls on your G Majors? I dont really know if its best to have the Send on the Mesa lower, and crank up the G Major, or vice versa.

Thanks for all the help!

Latest posts

Back