ISP Pro Rack G or MXR Smart Gate pro

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sebby123

Reaction score
There both 400$ i have seen no reviews for the mxr .... im iffy about mxr alot of there stuff alters the tone im basicaly just trying to get rid of the hum on the mark iv when the lead channel is on...Which would you recommened? if youve tried both why did you choose that one thanks again

The MXR SmartGate is the same as the Rockman SmartGate which is what Ed used (he later used the MXR) in the loop of the PV 5150's to keep this hiss down.

Definitely the ISP over the Smartgate. The Smartgate affects the sound more than the ISP. It takes of some of the edge, which is a extremely bad thing if you play Metal and want a cutting tone.

I decided better cables would be more worth it than to touch my sound ha! i dont use that much gain anyways thanks guys!

My vote goes for the classic Rohctron Hush IICX. Those kill the noise and actuall ADD something to the tone. I dunno if it is some kind of natural compression or some extra magical gain, but my buddy's Triple sounds even better when he turns on his IICX.

Back