Is trading a Mesa mark iv + extras for powerball fair?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Gregory

Reaction score
Hey! How goes it?

I have been offered an engl powerball for my mark iv and my avatar 412 cab with v-30s and g12 h-30s. I was wondering if this was a fair deal? I have seen the powerball heads go for as little as $1300 which is what a few mark iv heads go for alone. So what are your thoughts? What would be considered fair? Thanks!

I'd consider it as a straight trade (head for head), but not a head + cab.

The key of course is whether or not you like the sound of the ENGL.

screamingdaisy said:
I'd consider it as a straight trade (head for head), but not a head + cab.

The key of course is whether or not you like the sound of the ENGL.
hes right, i even trade of head for head is fair.

theres a powerball v1 on the esp board in the spam section for 900 plus shipping, normally i see them in the 1200 range.

i owned amny engls over the years and had 3 powerballs and they are nice amps but i like my mark iv better, the mesa build quality is much better and the pb sometimes has trouble cutting in a band situation for some people, low vol they sound pretty decent, the clean ch is ok but nothing great and the amp is too modern sounding for any decent mid gain tones, but ch3 and 4 are great for metal tones.

I like the sound of the engl powerball v2, but I do believe a head for a head would be fairer.

If the tone is worth it to you on the fireball, shoot. BUT, you could sell the mark IV for an easy $1200, then fork out another $100 bucks and keep your cab. In my opinion, that fireball wont do anything the Mark cant do, but not vice versa. Just my opinion though, and the fireballs are awesome!

Latest posts

Back