IS THIS A PROBLEM WITH MY DUAL REC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JASON350

Reaction score
I HAVE A 3 CHANNEL DUAL REC. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS I TURN THE AMP ON WITH THE STANDBY SWITCH ON STANDBY, LET IT WARM UP FOR 30 SECS. THEN WHEN I SWITCH FROM CHANNEL TO CHANNEL WITH THE FOOTSWITCH A LOUD POP LIKE SOUND HAPPENS. IT ONLY HAPPENS WHEN DOING THE 1ST CHANGE THAN WHEN CHANGING CHANNELS IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SOUND.

A THE "POP" SOUND ONLY HAPPENS IN CHANNEL 2 3

I THINK I MIGHT BE NORMAL BUT I DONT KNOW CAUSE SOME TIMES ITS KIND OF LOUD

easy on the caps lock. :) It is normal. Try switching through your channels while still in standby, i've heard of success with doing so.

Try what JamesD advised. Does it "pop" when you turn the stand by on? Do you notice a slight volume swell? IF so your power tubes could be going bad.

I guess that could be another benefit to a 2 CH. I've never heard of one of those popping switching channel. Maybe it's happened but none I've ever played has where as I've found Roadsters and Triples that did.

no i does not happend when switching the standby switch on.
i tried switching channels while on stand by and volumes off. but then when i increase the volumen and change channels for the first time it will make that pop or like a increase in volumen.

It is just a static buildup being released. Mine does and and so do many other 3 channel owners if not all. I think Roadsters are even doing it. Never heard of it hurting anything so i wouldn't be too concerned.

Back