Is the Triaxis for me?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to hear you're liking the TriAxis. Keep at it, the sounds are there.

Keep in mind too that the "3D chime" you describe from the Mark V is due in part to its different power section. The Rectifiers have a cool sound, but not one terribly geared toward "3D."

Danimal said:
Good to hear you're liking the TriAxis. Keep at it, the sounds are there.

Keep in mind too that the "3D chime" you describe from the Mark V is due in part to its different power section. The Rectifiers have a cool sound, but not one terribly geared toward "3D."

Danimal is correct. I have no trouble getting a sweet and chimey clean sound with my Tri going through my 2:90.

I know this is coming in rather late but I was just sitting here killing some time and reading some of the posts that have been penned, and again to all, everyone of us has had our own personal preferences as far as what we like and dislike and that is what makes forums like this one so very interesting... but I just got say in all the, "It sounds like this or sounds like that".. no one ever mentions one of the most important factors to sound and tone.... speakers and cabs...I own a tri and love it would not replace it for anything..but I also have several different cabs that I can plug into at any given time and create all kinds of different tones without touching any of my settings... it comes from (as I am so very sure that almost everyone on this forum will know..) the differences in construction material, cabinet dimensions, and last but not least the speakers themselves,, are we using vintage 30's , or a 25 watt speaker, or 100 or 200 watt. the tone of any amp..be it a combo, a killer stack or a refrigerator size rack with assorted preamps.... will take on a new life evertime a different cab sits at the end of the line.....

and of course,as always, this is just my thought on it...
Great Forum!!

if you keep playing with the settings you will find what you are looking for..the Tri is an amazing piece of gear.... I have had mine since the early 90's...
I have found pretty nice clean sounds using the Rhythm Green I set the Treble up around 7.5/8 and run the Mids around 3 and turn the Bass to 0 and set my Presence at around 3. and Leave the DV at 0.

I also have a nice Clean sound using LD 1 Green..set very similar to above settings but I run the gain at around 3 and set my Ld 1 Drive at around 5/6
on some settings I run the Treble up High around 7 -9 and the Mids Low at around 2-4 and Set the Bass at 0-1.... and then I have some settings where I set the Treble at around 6 and set the Mids around 6.5/7.5

I also use a Ground Control Pro Midi Pedal and I have a couple of Buttons set to activate the Controller features of the Tri where I can hit a button and instantly change Preset Settings..so I can push the overall Volume Settings or increase Gain or adjust Tone Settings....

it all gets very interesting at times and never becomes boring....SO my best advice is to Experiment with it..... The best thing about the Triaxis is... you will never get tired of trying new things....and searching for new setting and of course to find to Ultimate Tone!!

Best of Luck with Your New Triaxis

George

Back