Is the roadster reliable?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundpurist

Reaction score
Plze every roadster owner report the bugs you had with the roadster cause i tried it for the second time, first it was the reverb that wasn't working (because a tube) and now it was the output volume (i check behind to see and the both rectifier tube (5u4GB) were not working. Second time i found myself deceived because those amps seem to be fragile like the roadking... :( I'm not sure :roll: if i should order a custom made roadster, i've lost my passion a little.

I want to swap my recto pre,2:100 for an amp with a slave out to be able to do a wet/dry/wet rig with my eventides. :evil:

Thanks, Martin.

Mine has been very reliable. I ordered a custom Roadster head and received it in September. I've moved it around and played a few gigs with it and everything seems to be working great. If you have been playing a floor model, ask the store what the deal is whith it. I think you would be safe if you ordered a brand new one.

I've been told that when the effect loop is bypassed the ouput volume is off and the channel's switch on diode the rectefier tubes don't work... and that on all dual rectifier model...
... is this true?

soundpurist said:
I've been told that when the effect loop is bypassed the ouput volume is off and the channel's switch on diode the rectefier tubes don't work... and that on all dual rectifier model...
... is this true?

The FX loop being 'disabled' only renders the SOLO and OUTPUT controls useless. It has nothing to do with the rectifier selection. (at least on the DR, can't imagine it would on roaster either)

I don't know of a Mesa that isn't reliable...Every one I've owned has been a tank...My new Roadster is fantastic, no problems...Hope you get better luck...I'd stick with it.

I haven't had a reliablility problem yet ... just **** channel popping.

Ciao ...

Back