Is my MKIV a A or B model - serial 627x but says April 93

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterc52

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've just read that it says how old your mkIV is behind thwe shielded V1, but mine says 4 93 (there is a dot between the 4 and the 93), so according to that i should be from April 1993, but the serial number is 627x.

The serial number should make it a B model, but he year says it's a A model, what's your opinion on the matter?

Hey,

I think it is a B model based on yr alone. I have a 1993 mark iv B combo and its serial is 6676. I know mesa says after 6700 serial wise is B models but yours and mine are clearly prior to that so there is some flex here.. hope this helps.

P.S -- this easiest way to tell is to simply look at your effects loop return and send plug in jacks.. if they are in a triangle it is B. If it is a square of 4 then A.

lessarti said:
Hey,

I think it is a B model based on yr alone. I have a 1993 mark iv B combo and its serial is 6676. I know mesa says after 6700 serial wise is B models but yours and mine are clearly prior to that so there is some flex here.. hope this helps.

P.S -- this easiest way to tell is to simply look at your effects loop return and send plug in jacks.. if they are in a triangle it is B. If it is a square of 4 then A.

Yeah, so according to the effects loop, mine is a B model.

I was just confused for a moment, thanks for answering!
:D

I have a #617x from April 93 and it is an early B, according to Mike Bendinelli (some people also call it no-A/no-B).
I read that someone else here has a similar one #60xx from February and it is also an early B.

Boogiebabies says he has a #68xx from end of 93 and it was a full B but still with the attached cord.

Latest posts

Back