Is it just me... ??????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin

Reaction score
Lately,
I've been getting a little lazy and the last few shows I have played I have just taken my MKIII to use with an old Quadraverb and a midi octopus. Normally I use a Triaxis, 2:90, g-Force, midi board and two 3/4 enclosed cabs.... it's a lot of **** to drag to a gig.

I gotta say that I am starting to question whether or not I should keep the effects and midi board and sell the pre-power, then just buy another MKIII or possibly a MK4 ??...I seem to be getting a better tone (although there is more back ground noise) from the combo but it has a more vocal quality to the tone I think.....

I'm not sure though as there are things I love about the pre-power set up to.... The combo's definately easier in terms of transportation etc, way more convenient....am I just being lazy or has anyone else found this to be the case too ?

I think everyone goes through cycles/phases of gear use throughout their musical journey. I've been through the stomp-box fever, only to sell it all off and go pure cable-->amp, and am now splitting the difference with a multi fx processor, but use it manually ...which means it is bypassed most of the time until I hit it. You are likely in your "need to simplify" phase, in which I say yes, go that route. Kind of like when I started cooking more and cooking better: pared down to the essentials and everyone prefers the results :)

Edward

Latest posts

Back