Intraducing R0005

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well we had brought about the doubt already, true, but i meant it more like this is practically a confirmation for me.

noodles said:
My co-guitarist, who lives across the street, stopped by for "five or ten minutes". He wound up staying an hour. We both told him not to EVER sell it. It just sounds too **** good. I wish Mesa would build me a Road King with that preamp voicing. :twisted:

That would be me. ;)

I loved the amp for what it was good at - a great, singing, high-gain lead tone. The rhythm sound was a tad mushy to me (I'm used to a modern Triple), but would be very good for mid-paced grinding stuff.

The clean is unusable. Really - anyone who complains about the 3ch's clean should hear this one. It's warm, but totally undefined. Best to just channel clone and get your cleans from something else.

I wouldn't sell it, Siggy - but if you did, I'd buy it just to cut solos through. It's very SLO - like a very, very good SLO...

eaeolian said:
noodles said:
My co-guitarist, who lives across the street, stopped by for "five or ten minutes". He wound up staying an hour. We both told him not to EVER sell it. It just sounds too **** good. I wish Mesa would build me a Road King with that preamp voicing. :twisted:

That would be me. ;)

I loved the amp for what it was good at - a great, singing, high-gain lead tone. The rhythm sound was a tad mushy to me (I'm used to a modern Triple), but would be very good for mid-paced grinding stuff.

The clean is unusable. Really - anyone who complains about the 3ch's clean should hear this one. It's warm, but totally undefined. Best to just channel clone and get your cleans from something else.

I wouldn't sell it, Siggy - but if you did, I'd buy it just to cut solos through. It's very SLO - like a very, very good SLO...

Guess whats sitting below this Dual Rec?

Dualrec1.jpg

The SLO has more clarity, but the DR has more compression and a bit of smearing to the notes. I have no problem doing sweep arpeggios with a Dual Rectifier. I never heard anything like it. The SLO with the Master above 4 is a killer with a serious dose of natural bottom end and unrivaled calrity and drive.

and guys, were where you when i was debating with benny, about the old dual rectos being the better?. also looks like the one i av got has been hand wired for the uk 240 v power, also just looking at those links theres a switch missing on my amp plugged up with the writing blacked out, just by the fuse, and on top of the rectifier select, what is this?

also boogiebabies, has the old dual rectos, have better cleans? thanks. :D

siggy14 said:
OK, So now I have R0394 coming in, so what is the difference between my R0005 and the R0394?

394 will have an RF-1D circuit board revision and the 005 has an RF-1C. The differences are small changes on the preamp circuit board. the cleans, IMO, are pretty poor compared to the newer rectos.

what where the changes roughly, more gain? Better clean then the 1C, any info i would appreciate.

Elpelotero said:
siggy14 said:
OK, So now I have R0394 coming in, so what is the difference between my R0005 and the R0394?

394 will have an RF-1D circuit board revision and the 005 has an RF-1C. The differences are small changes on the preamp circuit board. the cleans, IMO, are pretty poor compared to the newer rectos.

siggy14 said:
what where the changes roughly, more gain? Better clean then the 1C, any info i would appreciate.

Elpelotero said:
siggy14 said:

no idea....you'd either have to be an expert and analyze the board or call MESA and ask for Mike B. or whoever's initials are on the amp.

so sonically it is basically hard to tell the difference? I guess I will just have to do a side by side comparison when the new one comes in.

This new one is beat up a little more then my R0005, but it is also the black diamond plate with chrome chassis.

Latest posts

Back