Intraducing R0005

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siggy14

Reaction score
So here is number R0005. The guy i purchased it from Just retubed it with JJ Tubes from Eurotubes (a set designed for Rec's) There was no revision number on the board, but as you can see in the pictures they did intial with date.

One Tranny says
E1A606-036

Second Tranny says
E1A606-147

Here are the pic's, amp sounds great.
http://community.webshots.com/album/554337952RNeBvU

you're JOKING? holy... crap. don't wanna get personal... but did you pay a lot more because of that? or did it still go for roughly the same price..?

WOW!!!! It's an RF1C!!!!!!!!!! This REALLY brings about the doubts of A and B ever existing!!!

BTW...SICK AMP MAN!!!! SICK SICK SCORE!! Clean her up a little and she's good to go! Congratulations.

I vote for NOT SELLING!!! Why would you do that?!!! (personally, if it's to sell it for $, there is no real market for these right now. If this was a 2c+ on the other hand....Just wait it out a few years if that's what you really want to do.)

Did i mention don't sell it! That thing sounds so good!

Usually these amps go for high price for recto's, anything in the first 500 go for a good amount, not sure the going rate but i think roughly between 1400 and 1600.

With that being said, i paid $1030 and picked it up in person, has brand new set of tubes as well. Also came with Recto Footswitch.

jgventura said:
you're JOKING? holy... crap. don't wanna get personal... but did you pay a lot more because of that? or did it still go for roughly the same price..?

Question for you, where the knobs on the front replaced, i thought the early recto's had different style of knobs.

Elpelotero said:
WOW!!!! It's an RF1C!!!!!!!!!! This REALLY brings about the doubts of A and B ever existing!!!

BTW...SICK AMP MAN!!!! SICK SICK SCORE!! Clean her up a little and she's good to go! Congratulations.

I vote for NOT SELLING!!! Why would you do that?!!! (personally, if it's to sell it for $, there is no real market for these right now. If this was a 2c+ on the other hand....Just wait it out a few years if that's what you really want to do.)

to my knowledge, the knobs were not replaced. all the 500's i've seen have the same style of knobs. As for the going rate pricewise, you hit the nail on the head. both of mine were 900 as it was for others i know that have a 500. In theory they should be worth a lot more, but these things appear to be sleepers in the market right now. one day they'll blow up, but i'm not selling! I encourage all of you to get one if you can! they're so cheap right now!

Well they are not big sleepers, i mean they do have an underground and usually sell for more on ebay now, just like the rackmounts do.

You have people like George Lynch that praised these early ones, Kirk Hammit also prefers these, so they do have a following.

I think i could get at least $1500 for mine, but i think i will hang on to it for awhile or maybe forever.

Elpelotero said:
to my knowledge, the knobs were not replaced. all the 500's i've seen have the same style of knobs. As for the going rate pricewise, you hit the nail on the head. both of mine were 900 as it was for others i know that have a 500. In theory they should be worth a lot more, but these things appear to be sleepers in the market right now. one day they'll blow up, but i'm not selling! I encourage all of you to get one if you can! they're so cheap right now!

this is true...there is an underground, but that's about it. Most people aren't aware, and it seems that the sellers don't mind to let them go cheap. I got both of mine off ebay within a few months of each other for 900 each. The rackmounts sell for about 1300-1400 on the avg. About 2 years ago i saw one (500) sell for about 1150?

Elpelotero said:

Hmmm....All I know is I'z gots one! :)

You have an early recto, or you have a RF1A or B?

Guitarzan said:
Elpelotero said:

Hmmm....All I know is I'z gots one! :)

Siggy brought this by my place Friday night. We ran into a THD Hotplate (didn't want the neighbors calling the cops) and my oversized 4x12 with C90s.

Oh. My. God. :shock:

What an absolutely amazing sounding amp compared to the modern DualRecs. A little less gain, much more midrange, and very aggressive presence knob. This amp was a bit more Mark-ish in character (especially on vintage voicing) with a nice growl and none of that "recto buzz". Dropping a TS7 (modded to TS808 specs) in front of it really brought the amp alive. It is easy to see how this was built with the old thrash guys in mind, because fast gallops on it sound positively ungodly. The midrange was perfectly voiced for lead work. Channel one, clean voicing was obviously a total after thought on this thing, but who cares? It is a pure hard rock and metal tone machine.

My co-guitarist, who lives across the street, stopped by for "five or ten minutes". He wound up staying an hour. We both told him not to EVER sell it. It just sounds too **** good. I wish Mesa would build me a Road King with that preamp voicing. :twisted:

Latest posts

Back