Interesting Roadster Problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

latebreak

Reaction score
Lately I've noticed a unique problem with my roadster.

If I accidently hit both (at the same time) channels 2 and 3 from my footswitch, both lights will engage on the pedal and amp, and the amp will actually go to channel 1. I've been able to recreate this problem. I originally noticed it on a day when I was wearing some big clunky shoes.

Ever see this?

I have a call into Mesa that has gone un-returned at this point.

-Matt

I wouldnt consider this a "problem",not a "defect" anyway.The amp probably cant run the 2 channels at once,so it defaults to channel one,even tho both led's are able to light.If you dont hit both buttons on the footswitch at once,you wont have this "problem".

Agreed. This probably isn't a defect type issue. I would assume that there has to be a fail-safe setting in which if the footswitch fails, the amp will default to channel 1. By hitting both buttons at the same time, you are enabling this fail-safe mode by fooling the amp into thinking the footswitch is bad, and causing the amp to change to channel 1.

stokes said:
I wouldnt consider this a "problem",not a "defect" anyway.The amp probably cant run the 2 channels at once,so it defaults to channel one,even tho both led's are able to light.If you dont hit both buttons on the footswitch at once,you wont have this "problem".

As an engineer this seems like a strange way to implement this "fail safe mode". I'd rather the amp do nothing than revert back to channel 1. Obviously the amp can't run multiple channels at the same time. It also only occurs on channel 2+3. I couldn't recreate the problem on 1+2 or 3+4. Seems to inconsistent to be "normal".

Does anyone have a roadster that could try this for me?

Your first post you say "I've been able to recreate this problem".In your last post you say "I couldnt recreate the problem on 1+2 or 3+4" Which is it?"As an engineer this seems like a strange way to implement this "fail safe mode". Are you saying you are an engineer?Nobody is saying it is a "fail safe mode",at least I'm not.The amp has to do something so it goes to channel one.You say you'd rather have the amp do nothing than revert to channel one.If it did nothing you would think it was broken.The amp wasnt designed to have both switches thrown simultaneously.When you hit one switch it activates that channel and shuts the other off.In order to get them both "on" (the led's) both switches have to "switch"at exactly the same time,that is why you cant always replicate the oddity.I wouldnt advise you keep trying to get both LED's to light at the same time,it was a fluke,you could f%$#* up the switching circuit.

Latest posts

Back