Info on old Marshall amps

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echoes420

Reaction score
I recently seized an opportunity to get my hands on a 1984 JCM 800 (4104) for next to nothing...

I have searched and searched for a site similar to this one, only Marshall specific... and I have turned up nothing. I have found a few sites with a little info here and there, but I am looking for a comprehensive site. Ha.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Elpelotero said:
http://www.marshallampforum.com/

I've been a regular member of this site since I picked up my DSL 50.

PM Ricky Lee. Great guy and he has owned (or still owns) several JCM 800's. Very knowledgable from stock to mods.

I had one (or two?) JCM 800 50 watt combos as well as the 2205 head that Morello uses. Decent Marshall gain tones up to old thrash metal and RATM. Some of those models (depending on the year) have a gain bleed problem and the clean channel only has treble and bass knobs.

If you can get one for $500 it's worth it for rhythm and leads blues/rock, etc.

My attitude in the JCM-800's is that if you can get a nice original 2203/2204 they're gold. Killer amps that are great as mod platforms and are pretty much the workhorse of the 80's and early 90's with regards to rock and metal. I don't like the other JCM-800's as much nor any of the 900's except the SLX but I love the Jubilee heads.

With Marshalls always buy heads. They're easier to keep running IMO and anything you get that's old and PCB is going to need going through for caps and cold solder joints.

man i miss the 2210 so much.... the '89 2210 is my favorite marshall.

Latest posts

Back