im stuck...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnarwailnmt

Reaction score
So,
im looking into a new amp. I have a rectoverb, but im not digging the saturated gain of mesa.
Right now, im trying to decide between the peavey 6505+, the krank revolution, the krank krankenstien, a peavey xxx or peavey jsx

i dont want to buy used, which is why i didnt put mark IV on there...i want a mark IV but i dont have that much

so any advice would be helpful.

I want clear clean tones and over the top, chainsaw meets bone drivin tones....i really only need 2 channels, with separate eq's and gain/vol controls...so yeah
let the debate begin?

I think the Rectoverb sounds better than all those amps, but more importantly, they are all at least as fizzy and as saturated as the Recto.

try the 6505 first, you'll probably like it.

gnarwailnmt said:
So,
im looking into a new amp. I have a rectoverb, but im not digging the saturated gain of mesa.
Right now, im trying to decide between the peavey 6505+, the krank revolution, the krank krankenstien, a peavey xxx or peavey jsx

i dont want to buy used, which is why i didnt put mark IV on there...i want a mark IV but i dont have that much

I want clear clean tones and over the top, chainsaw meets bone drivin tones....i really only need 2 channels, with separate eq's and gain/vol controls...so yeah
let the debate begin?

i think you might dig the JSX... nice amp IMO.... i'd stay away from the kranks and the XXX because its the same type of saturation.... the stiletto too as they can get pretty nasty without all the saturation of the rectos.... outside of mesa i'd take a look at splawn or for the price range your in laney..... laney makes some great amps that are a great value.... something like the laney vh100 i think would fit the ticket for you.... cleans are awesome and they can get very aggressive... the guys from opeth uses them.... also if you can spring for a splawn go with the nitro... awesome amp thats as lively as they come.... i'd say the engl powerball too but they are in the same range if not more than a mark iv new

jdurso said:
gnarwailnmt said:
So,

let the debate begin?

i think you might dig the JSX... nice amp IMO.... i'd stay away from the kranks and the XXX because its the same type of saturation.... the stiletto too as they can get pretty nasty without all the saturation of the rectos.... outside of mesa i'd take a look at splawn or for the price range your in laney..... laney makes some great amps that are a great value.... something like the laney vh100 i think would fit the ticket for you.... cleans are awesome and they can get very aggressive... the guys from opeth uses them.... also if you can spring for a splawn go with the nitro... awesome amp thats as lively as they come.... i'd say the engl powerball too but they are in the same range if not more than a mark iv new

+1..completely agree. JSX is a sweet amp. very different from recto

Latest posts

Back